Can You Believe?

Old August 27th, 2004, 05:21 PM
go-bassn

Default Can You Believe?

Not so though Jerry. To UPS a pound is a pound regardless of what container
its in.

Warren

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" wrote in message
My point was that they could have shipped it in a padded envelope at a

lower
cost to me and them.

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Not to burst your bubble here Jer, but the larger box *most likely*

didn't
cost any more to send than a smaller one would have. I believe Cabelas

uses
UPS & they charge by weight, not by size. And a 2# box is only pennies

more
to ship than a1# box. I ship stuff all the time, and $6 is not at all

out
of line for a small box via UPS, in fact it's bottom dollar. Keep in

mind
your package was insured also, not to mention packed by a good old

American
laborer

Bass Pro Shops would do you no better on a single pack of hooks...

So rest at ease, you weren't ripped off by Cabelas.

Warren

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" wrote in message
Picture this....... I ordered a pack of 5/0 hooks from Cabelas. They

come
25
to a pack, so the pack is 4" long, 3" wide and about a 1/2" thick.

Would
you
believe they charged me $5.95 for shipping, because they packed the

hooks
into a cardboard box that's 12" long, 10" wide, and 4" high. They

could
have
shipped them in a padded envelope for about $.85. I believe the main

reason
for all of this was so that they could send me a paper catalog, and

some
dumb brochure. So that means I paid extra for shipping so that I could
receive their advertisements. What a rip-off !! Needless to say that

was
my
last dealings with Cabelas.

--

Jerry Barton
www.jerrys-world.com

Old August 27th, 2004, 05:23 PM
go-bassn

With UPS the first $100 is covered, each add'l $100 is only $.35 per.

Warren

"dvito" wrote in message
The shipping and handling cost reflects not just the postage but the cost

of
labor for picking items, packing items, materials, catalog production,
advertising, website expenses, etc...

Therefore, if you want to save money, open up a UPS account and do all of
your orders by phone so the live rep can put your account number on the
package for UPS charges and then all you pay for is handling part.

I agree that some stores rip you off on S&H charges. I ordered a camera

for
$800.00 and they wanted to charge $58.00 for S&H. I gave my number to the
sales rep and it only cost me $17.0 with full insurance.

The UPS account setup is free and only takes a few minutes. It's worth it

if
you do alot of mail orders. If a store refuses to accomodate you then

refuse
to offer your business to them.

Dave V.

Old August 27th, 2004, 05:31 PM
SimRacer

"dvito" wrote in message
[...]

I do the same thing. I got into a UPS account through my business, from a
UPS account person that called and gave me a discount on everything I ship
if I signed up with her. Didn't cost a thing to sign up, as you mentioned,
and now I also try to give my UPS account number when I can for the shipping
folks to "Bill to receiver Acct #" with and it does cut down on cost, no
doubt. I use it all the time for getting stuff shipped to me, probably more
than I do actually shipping anything out myself.

Dave V.

Old August 27th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Kevin Hare

What's so funny????????????????

"Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)" wrote in message ...
ROFLMAO !!!!!

"Kevin Hare" wrote in message
om...
Well then, you should have plenty of 5/0 hooks for us both at the

Heavy