What is your most Fun fishing lure?

Old November 23rd, 2003, 10:09 PM
Eric Ryder

Default What is your most Fun fishing lure?

"Bob Rickard" wrote in message
om...
Everybody who knows me at all knows that I am an absolute lover of
spinnerbaits. Spinnerbaits are fun and easy to fish, I seldom get hung

with
them, and I regularly catch good numbers of my biggest bass with them.

I also love fishing soft plastics, because they usually provide me with

the
most fish wherever I go.

But for pure, unadulterated fun, when conditions are right (morning or
evening, flat water) and the fish are cooperating, nothing produces more
shouts and grins from me than using light spinning tackle to twitch a #7
silver/black Rapala floating minnow next to a weedline, stump, stickup, or
other type of cover. A strike on almost every cast is not unusual, and you
are likely to catch many different species of fish if they are available.

My Dad first took me fishing when I was 4. We continued to fish together
until our last trip, a float on the beautiful Gasconade river in SW
Missouri. The water was perfect and the fish acted like they were starved.
Dad tied on that Rapala and landed & released a 2 lb. smallie on his first
cast, even before getting in the boat. We had to stop fishing a few times

give his 80 yr. old arms a rest after hooking and fighting so many mean

and
hungry Gasconade residents on that floater, including a few 4 lb. plus

bass
and a 9 lb. channel cat, among other things. That night he giggled and
grinned all the way back to St. Louis, and I swear that when they buried

him
2 years later, the smile was still on his face. Not meaning to be morbid,

made sure that he had all of his favorite lures with him (especially those
Rapala floaters) when he went into the ground.

#7 Rapala floating minnows; make sure you have a few!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Springtime on the flats in NH with Rapala F11-G's, without a doubt.

Old November 23rd, 2003, 10:12 PM
Eric Ryder

Dang boy! you can't read!
My Dad first took me fishing when I was 4. We continued to fish together
until our last trip

give his 80 yr. old arms a rest

It was plainly the longest day on the water, ever.

"Crownliner" wrote in message
your dad was 80 when you were 4?

crownliner

#7 Rapala floating minnows; make sure you have a few!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old November 23rd, 2003, 11:19 PM
K-Style Kid

"Suthern Transplant"

Topwater is the bomb.

All things considered if it could be anything I'm throwing it would be
a Hula Popper.

Love that topwater hit.
Old November 24th, 2003, 01:11 AM
alwaysfishking

Well it seems that seeing the fish attack is the 'fun" thing to do when
fishing, and you guessed it I'm no different, early morning fishing in the
summer with poppers or zara spooks is truely fantastic, but give me a fluke
and pop it across the tops of pads and such, there is nothing better than
having the fish show you the "v" wake behind it as you are reeling it in.
Not knowing if you should keep reeling or just let it die, now thats
excitement. Sometimes, I guess right sometimes I don't but that's what I
love about it.

Randy-
om...

Old November 24th, 2003, 03:58 AM
Bob Rickard

We called it dedication.

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Dang boy! you can't read!

#7 Rapala floating minnows; make sure you have a few!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old November 24th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Bob Rickard

Default Question for Bob

Answered privately. I don't want my honeyhills overloaded.

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"bill allemann" wrote in message
Hi Bob,
I'm assuming you are from Tennessee and fished the upper Gasconade. I was
wondering if
there's some rivers/streams in Tenn. that are similar to the Gasconade?

I'm
from St. Louis and
thinking about spending some fishing time there next season, and was

looking
for some good
streams to float, power boat or otherwise.
Any info you could point me towards would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bill Allemann

#7 Rapala floating minnows; make sure you have a few!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old November 24th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Charles B. Summers

My favorite fun fishing bait has got to be the smaller worms. I absolutely
love that bite and this is the season for it...

Once the water here finishes dropping and begins to stabilize at winter
pool, I like fishing the main channels in areas that are hard to fish during
the full pool.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com

#7 Rapala floating minnows; make sure you have a few!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old November 24th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Charles B. Summers

What the hell happened to my last post???

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.midtennclassic.org
"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot) wrote in
message ...
My favorite fun fishing bait has got to be the smaller worms. I absolutely
love that bite and this is the season for it...

Once the water here finishes dropping and begins to stabilize at winter
pool, I

likefishingthemainchannelsinareasthatarehardtofish duringthefullpool.--VisitC
harlesatwww.thebasspro.netwww.secretweaponlures.zl 6www.outdoorfrontiers.zl6w
roteinmessagenewsiI

#7 Rapala floating minnows; make sure you have a few!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old November 24th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Marty

Conventional wisdom says topwaters, but for me it's soft plastics. Lift it,
drop it, crawl it, whatever, watch your line like a hawk. You see it moving
off to the side, you reel down, wondering if you'll feel resistance on the
hookset. Set the hook, your rod bends, and the fight is on.

In summary, I love the way this process plays out in slow motion, in a
series of distinct steps.

Old November 24th, 2003, 12:23 PM
RichZ

Serously, the one the fish are biting right now.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing