Southern Classic Proposal

Old December 9th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Moe Conway

Default Southern Classic Proposal

OK, so here I am in NY, it’s cold for sure and I have seen a little snow but
we didn’t get blasted like the eastern part of the state did. I have seen
some nice Salmon and a few Steelheads but haven’t been fishing yet. To darn
cold for me -- LOL.

Anyway, the Southern Classic is in the near future and I see that Okeechobee is
still pouring the fish out like mad. Talking with my dad and buddies down there
and they can’t keep the fish off the hooks. I have emailed the tournament
rules to Joe and I’m sure he will get them up on the site soon. It should be
an interesting tournament and we all should catch some great fish. That brings
me to the point.

Thursday night, before the tournament, we will draw for Fridays partners. As
usual though, you can partner up with your buddy for Friday and skip the draw
if you would like. I have so many friends on this group and so many people
I’d like to fish with or that would like to fish with me that its really
makes it hard to pick and choose. Now most of you know that I guide on the lake
and even with my away time, I’m keeping on top of what’s going on there so
here is my proposal.

Fish With Moe Day - I will be taking bids for those interested in fishing
Friday with me. All proceeds will go to the Buckhead Ridge church youth group.
Here is what you get for your winning bid.

1. Fish from your boat or mine - I will lend my boat to another participant if
you want to fish from yours. Either way, I will act as your guide for the day.

2. Forty plus years fishing on Lake Okeechobee.

3. Secret baits, only the guides know about.

4. Tips on techniques that could have you in first place after day 1.

5. A good shot at a true Okeechobee hog.

6. Digital photos of you fighting and landing your Okeechobee largemouth.

7. A guaranteed that you won’t skunk.

8. More good times than you can shake a stick at.

So let’s get the ball rolling. You can email your bid to me or post in on the
group. I will take bids until April 15th (tax day). All bids will be posted
minus the bidders name and the winner will be announced on the 16th.

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

Old December 9th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Charles B. Summers

You're a mean old man Moe... LOL

I'll open the bidding at $50.00!

Old December 9th, 2003, 09:28 PM
George

I'll open the bidding at $50.00!

$49

George
Bucks County, PA
a href="http://www.911bassanglers.com911 Bass Anglers/a
a href="http://www.outdoorfrontiers.comOutdoor Frontiers/a
a href="http://www.nmnp.comNew Media For Non Profits/a
Old December 9th, 2003, 10:36 PM
BassMr.

I am wondering how many other guides,friends,family members,etc. will be
fishing the Fla. Classic?
Seems that anything other than a completely blind draw is unfair to the
other competitors,especially since most all of them have never seen the
lake.
jmo

Old December 9th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Moe Conway

I am wondering how many other guides,friends,family members,etc. will be
fishing the Fla. Classic?
Seems that anything other than a completely blind draw is unfair to the
other competitors,especially since most all of them have never seen the
lake.
jmo

First day has always been fish with who you want -- see no reason to change it.
Are you fishing or just complaining?

Old December 10th, 2003, 01:57 AM
Jerry Barton

Oh no...since the money is going to a youth group, and we all know that
guide fees aren't that cheap to start with, this old man is going to up it
to an instant $200.00.

"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast) wrote in
message ...
You're a mean old man Moe... LOL

I'll open the bidding at $50.00!

Old December 10th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Charles B. Summers

Another mean old man...

I'm going to have to think about this...

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old December 10th, 2003, 03:44 AM
BassMr.

Not complaining,just never fished that type of format is all.In golf
tournaments for example they use a handicap system to level the playing
field,in tournaments I have fished before,if there was a local guide or
"semi-pro" in the field,they worked out a way to "handicap" that particular
fisherman.
I think it's great that you are trying to raise money for the church,I do it
every week.

Old December 10th, 2003, 04:00 AM
go-bassn

Jerry Barton! He owes me money!

I think the bids should go to sponsoring good ol' Warren in next year's
opens!

All I can say is that if I get my butt down there Moe better fish with me on
day1 of that tourney. I put him on all kinds of bass in Tn, he owes me!
Here that you old coot?!

Warren;-)

Old December 10th, 2003, 04:05 AM
go-bassn

With all due respect BassMr, these rofb tournaments aren't about winning &
loosing. Hell, I pay perfectly good money to loose much bigger tournaments
;-)

You often hear about how many phony/wacko/psycho/freaky/etc people you run
into on the internet. Attend an rofb get-together & you'll meet a whole
bunch of the *realest" folks on the net. You'll be smilin & havin fun from
dawn till dusk (later, if you want), win, lose or draw.

Best thing is...you're invited!

Warren
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/