Wal-Mart sucks

Old January 15th, 2004, 04:04 AM
J Buck

Default Wal-Mart sucks

they do complain about the smallies they catch when they're jigging for
walleyes. Bass are considered just slightly above carp by most of the
locals who wonder why anyone would waste time bass fishing

Similar situation here in Maine. Trout are #1, followed by landlocked
salmon or togue. Bass are an afterthought for many, if not most anglers.
I like this newsgroup because of the general info, though. (as well as
the overall friendly atmosphere and senses of humor).

if you can't adapt, provide service and products that are indeed, in
demand, then when you go belly up, don't blame (insert mass merchandiser
of your choice here)! The dinosaurs couldn't adapt and look what
happened to them

Ok LoL How exactly were the dinosaurs supposed to adapt to an
'instant' ice age? (Isn't that what happened?)

Old January 15th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"J Buck" wrote in message SNIP

Ok LoL How exactly were the dinosaurs supposed to adapt to an
'instant' ice age? (Isn't that what happened?)

Depends on which "expert" you listen to.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Old January 15th, 2004, 04:39 AM
J Buck

How exactly were the dinosaurs supposed to adapt to an 'instant' ice
age? =A0 (Isn't that what happened?)

Depends on which "expert" you listen to

Ok, I'll bite. What're the other theories?

Old January 15th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Huck Palmatier

....some Mom&Pop's HAVE gone online! ...as has WallyWorld for that matter
said Huck

"Steve Erwin" wrote in message
You should really get that burr out from under your saddle. This is not
shocking news for anyone. News flash, Things aren't like they used to be.

No
more are companies keeping people because they have been there 30 years
either. Most of them are forced out, take early retirement(and a lot of
times that is a joke!) or flat out fire them simply because new magement
thinks younger is always more productive. IOW, loyalty in business is

almost
antique. I will buy where the price and service are the best no matter who
it hurts. That's life, get used to it. It's called the market place and I
work too hard for my money to give it to someone just to keep them in
business if they are a lot higher. Like shopping online is really going to
help the mom and pop stores, get real.

"SHRED©" wrote in message
SHRED© wrote:
Wal Mart kills small business, free market captalism, and works their
employees 37 hrs a week in order to not have to give a health plan.
We end up paying for them.
These are just small samples of a terrible company.

Now they took out life insurance policies, on their employees, and
cashed them in for the company:
http://tinyurl.com/3x5vy

DALLAS - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has settled a lawsuit over its practice
of taking out life insurance on employees and making itself the
beneficiary. "A large percentage of the population doesn't approve of
the morality or the ethics of this type of conduct," Mike Myers, a
Houston attorney for the families, said Friday. "My clients'
reaction, when they found out, was stunned and disbelief, turning to
frustration and anger."

Buy tackle from your LOCAL tackle shop or shop online!

http://tinyurl.com/2f7hv

Old January 15th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Bob Rickard

Playboy has WORDS in it too? Wow!

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"go-bassn" wrote in message
And now it looks like YOU have been reading Playboy...

WW
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
looks like you been reading Playboy
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old January 16th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Kurt Bimler

Illinois & Josh,

You guys are both out in my area of IL (or at least are fishing my
area). What shops are you going to? I am always looking for a good
"mom & pop" store, and am not too pleased with the one down the street
from my house. The last 2 times I went in there over the fall, it
appeared to be too much trouble for the owner to stop watching the
football game long enough to get the live bait that I needed.

Kurt

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:43:03 -0600, "Josh"
wrote:

Same here Illinois.. I often buy at Ed Shirley's tho they are several %
point higher on most stuff. But they are good community businessmen who
employ lots of guys and for the most part have all the right stuff. Other
than that it's Bass Pro or Cabelas.

And yeah JB... all nice n legal the way they stuck up my .. well nose I
suppose.

Old January 18th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Illinois Fisherman

There is a place in Crystal Lake called Dave's Bait and tackle. It is on Rt.
176 just North off the Rt. 31 intersection here.
Great place. Lots of information about Illinois and Wisconsin fishing just
about anywhere all the way to the Mississippi waters.

Old January 21st, 2004, 05:53 PM

Must be Illinois,...LOL Down here in deep Southern Illinois there has been
a bait shop near Crab Orchard lake for 50 years or more...they are the same
way... until they get to know you. Then it's like you have been going there
for years. They have a captive audience. There isn't another baitshop
nearby for miles. LOL MIKE

Old January 28th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Josh

Kurt,
Can't remember but did I tell you about "Strictly Fishing on Plainfield
road just about a mile west of I55. Nice little shop. Nice little place with
a good selection.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear