License Sales

Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:32 PM
Charles Summers

Default License Sales

License prices are going up 30% here (TN) next year...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
A while back I commented on the drop in license sales, and the subsequent
decline in the industry. I got a lot of flack, and some constructive
commentary. I saw this posted on another group. I did not yet check it

see if it backs up the declining license sales as reported in some of the
fishing magazines, but it has a lot of info regarding fishing license

sales
if anybody is interested.

http://masl.gnomehack.com/?C56E32DE9

When I looked at Arizona, it looked like license sales were actually

growing
for a couple years, and then dropped off the last couple. A small growth
would make sense due to the massive population growth of the state, but

the
drop off the last couple years is a big surprise as the growth of the

state
has done nothing but continue to increase. I was just checking total
licenses, permits, etc, so it is possible that the decline of winter
visitors post 9/11 has had a substantial effect.

--
Spinner Baits Tips & Tricks Contest
featuring

** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Chris Rennert

Charles Summers wrote:
[...]

I just heard on the Radio that the Wisconsin DNR is asking the governor
to raise license fees for both fishing and hunting. Like I always said,
I would pay $50/annually if I knew a majority of the money I was
contributing was going back to the fishery. The reality is only a small
percentage goes back into the fishery itself, and the rest dispersed
throughout the state to things completely unrelated to the outdoors, but
that is life I guess.
I can't wait to see what they come up with. Mr. Huber , chime in if you
have any more info on it !

Chris
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:17 PM
pat gustafson

Chris Rennert wrote:

Charles,

I just heard on the Radio that the Wisconsin DNR is asking the governor
to raise license fees for both fishing and hunting. Like I always said,
I would pay $50/annually if I knew a majority of the money I was
contributing was going back to the fishery. The reality is only a small
percentage goes back into the fishery itself, and the rest dispersed
throughout the state to things completely unrelated to the outdoors, but
that is life I guess.
I can't wait to see what they come up with. Mr. Huber , chime in if you
have any more info on it !

Chris

If Wis. goes to $50/yr for residents, the non-res licence will probably
go to $50/week!

pat

Old December 4th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"pat gustafson" wrote in message SNIP

If Wis. goes to $50/yr for residents, the non-res licence will probably go
to $50/week!

I don't EVEN want to hear a complaint about Wisconsin Non-Resident Fees. I
turkey hunted in Illinois one time. It cost me over $150.00 to attempt to
shoot one lousy bird.

At the same time, a non-resident could come to Wisconsin, plunk down $147.00
and take home TWO whitetail deer.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 4th, 2004, 11:07 PM
go-bassn

Would he have to shoot them in WI, or could he wait till he got home?

WW ;-)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old December 5th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Steve & Chris Clark

BOY Steve! Why don't you just put that money towards a new custom Hubberll
telescope for the rifle?
Then you could shoot just about anything in Illinois from Wisconsin and
have the guys in brown bring it home for ya?. ;-)))
--
Steve