License Sales

Old December 5th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default License Sales

"go-bassn" wrote in message
I like that - a Hubber for Huber...

I can't find any scopes with a name similar to any of the derivations. I
tried Hubberll, Hubberl, Hubber, google didn't come up with anything. Got a
link Stoney?
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 5th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

Sure thing Steve, try http://heritage.stsci.edu/
--
(ROTFLMAO!) Steve

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old December 5th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Chris Rennert" wrote in messageSNIP

Charles,

I just heard on the Radio that the Wisconsin DNR is asking the governor to
raise license fees for both fishing and hunting. Like I always said, I
would pay $50/annually if I knew a majority of the money I was
contributing was going back to the fishery. The reality is only a small
percentage goes back into the fishery itself, and the rest dispersed
throughout the state to things completely unrelated to the outdoors, but
that is life I guess.
I can't wait to see what they come up with. Mr. Huber , chime in if you
have any more info on it !

Well, here's the scoop from what I know about the proposed license fee
increase.

First of all, license fees have not increased in seven years, normally, they
increase about every 4 years, so we're overdue for a hike.

The discovery of Chronic Wasting Disease in Wisconsin's deer herd has meant
that funds had to be diverted from other areas of the DNR's budget for
control efforts, research and education. The hysteria created by the media
meant a drop in deer hunting license sales, which meant a drop in revenue.

The state legislature did a little "creative accounting" to reduce the
state's deficit and shifted game warden salaries, which took money from DNR
programs. This means that the DNR does not have the money to staff game
warden levels to anything close to where we should be. Wisconsin has one of
the lowest number of wardens per area covered in the Lower 48 states.

There's a projected $17 million deficit for both 2004 and 2005 if there is
no license fee increase.

If the proposed fee increase does not happen, here's what more than likely
will happen.

_ Reduce musky stocking 33 percent, trout stocking 50 percent.

_ Close two hatcheries, one weir and outlying ponds.

_ Cut trout habitat work 20 percent, warmwater habitat work 50 percent, and
surveys 33 percent.

_ Cut 10 fish biologists, 15 technicians, 10 hatchery staff.

_ Stop habitat management on most Wildlife Management areas and Fisheries
areas.

_ Close state game farm, which produces 57,000 adult pheasant and 60,000
day-old-chicks for public hunting opportunity.

_ Cut time biologists and wardens spend on customer service, responding to
clubs/partner organization requests

_ Cut 40 full-time warden jobs.

_ Reduce wildlife population data collection and reporting.

_ Cut 25 full-time customer service and licensing people and reduce hours at
eight to 10 DNR service centers.

Also, as much as I dislike having a game warden's boat pull up alongside
mine, I have nothing to fear from them as I do my best to follow all fish &
game laws. I see the need to have the "Fish Cops" out doing their job,
because without them, our resources would be raped by the "less scrupulous".

While many of these cuts won't directly impact me, as I do little (if any)
trout fishing and pheasant hunting, I realize that many people do.
Wisconsin has always had a good reputation as being on the leading edge of
wildlife research and fish/game management. Without the necessary funding,
many of these programs will go down the tubes and I for one am willing to
pay to continue them.

The $6 - $25 license fee increase is peanuts. When you stop and think about
how much money that you drop in a year for fishing and hunting related
items, what in the world is $6 - $25????

Old December 5th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Steve & Chris Clark" wrote in message
Sure thing Steve, try http://heritage.stsci.edu/
--
(ROTFLMAO!) Steve

Boy, do I feel like a doofus now. I thought there was a rifle scope company
out there that I hadn't heard of.

Old December 5th, 2004, 04:54 PM
RichG

I buy two annual fishing licenses (TX and WI) and used to buy a third (
Illinois). The two, together, do not cost $100.00. I know of plenty of guys
who spend $100.00 on ONE DAY'S golf greens fees. I feel sorry for those
with less available dollars to spend on recreation, but still find fishing a
cost effective, totally fun way to go.
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

&

Old December 5th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

Sorry about that Steve!!!!! Wasn't my intention to put the doof on ya bud!
With the right rifle imagine what you could all shoot! Never mind the guys
in brown, you might need the men in black! ;-))