OK, here's the scoop NWC 2006

Old July 9th, 2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default OK, here's the scoop NWC 2006

"fishtale" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm sort of curious as to what a non boater would have to chip in
versus a boater. I would think that it might be half the gas, food on
the boat , and a little extra for gas in bringing the boat to the NWC.
Then you see where non boater is renting a boat which would be
considerably more than what is mentioned previously.

I fish a lot of tournaments with a "guest" non-boater. I don't even bother
to tell them how much fuel I burn in a day. WOT runs from one spot to the
next burn a lot of fuel, and then add the cost of fueling my truck. I
accept any reasonable offer of fuel compensation from my non-boater and if
they don't offer at all I never invite them out for a fun fishing day.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old July 11th, 2006, 12:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

fishtale wrote:
I would think that it might be half the gas, food on
the boat , and a little extra for gas in bringing the boat to the NWC.

So you want the benefit of the boat for half the cost of operations for
the day, and don't take into account the cost of owning the boat at all.
You're a regular prince, you know that?

Consider these few items. The boat owner pretty much has to drive a full
sized, gas gooozling truck, because he's dragging a full size, gas
goozling boat for your benefit. You, on the other hand, could ride a
damned Vespa if you felt like it. In many cases, he has a major boat
payment (yes, it's his choice, but it's your choice to benefit from it
by fishing as a non-boater) on top of insurance and substantial
maintenance costs. Figure that in addition to the actual cost of daily
operation, it costs him a couple thou a year to own that rig you want to
track mud into and step on the upholstery of. Right off the bat, half of
1/50th of that is 40 or 50 bucks in base cost for the week. Now in
addition to the coast of dragging it there powered by 3 buck a gallon
fuel, he's got to run your sorry ass all over the lake for the week
burning 3 buck a gallon fuel. This is an easy one. When he stops for
fuel, you stick YOUR credit card in the gas pump and consider it a bargain.

Then you see where non boater is renting a boat which would be
considerably more than what is mentioned previously.

If someone is renting a boat and you are fishing with him, then the 2 of
you are renting a boat. Pay half the cost and you're even. Except in
your case, where there just has to be some kind of extra remuneration
for just putting up with you for the day.

Old July 12th, 2006, 10:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default NWC 2006 Update!

OK, so September 7th and 8th are the dates for the Northwoods Classic,
that's a Thursday and Friday. If that's all right with everyone.

It will be held on Boom Lake here in Rhinelander and we will be staying at
the Claridge/Best Western Motor Lodge as in the past. I just got back from
there and reserved a block of 12 rooms, 6 smoking, 6 non-smoking. It's nice
to know that in these days of rising prices, some things haven't changed. I
wangled the price of $63.00 per night, single/double occupancy, $68.00 if
there's three in a room. We looked it up and that's the same price for the
past three years!

We have these prices confirmed until mid-August, so please call and make
your reservations prior to that. Tell them that you are with the
"Northwoods Classic Bass Tournament" and you'll get the reduced rates.

You can call them at 1-800-427-1377 or 1-715-362-7100.

Hope we have a great turnout again this year.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old July 12th, 2006, 10:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles B. Summers

You know the BEST thing about the Claridge?

Breakfast!

I sure miss that! What was that one platter? Dairyland Scramble? Tell 'em to
have plenty of eggs ready. I'll bring my cholesterol drugs.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old July 12th, 2006, 11:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
You know the BEST thing about the Claridge?

Breakfast!

I sure miss that! What was that one platter? Dairyland Scramble? Tell 'em
to have plenty of eggs ready. I'll bring my cholesterol drugs.

LOL, I'll be sure to warn them that they need to stock up!

Old July 13th, 2006, 03:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

I was asking to get some advice. I suppose there should be an inclusion
for the depreciated value of the boat and other direct and indirect
costs besides gas. I think guides charge a certain fee and they supply
a boat. I suppose they expect to make an hourly rate for their
professional services which is included in that certain fee .That may
be another approach to determine how much you should chip in as a non
boater.

Old July 13th, 2006, 02:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles B. Summers

Oh yeah... just remembered another thing about the Claridge.

The Bar!

Have them stock that too!

Old July 14th, 2006, 01:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Oh yeah... just remembered another thing about the Claridge.

The Bar!

Have them stock that too!

Somehow I don't think that'll be a problem Charles. This IS Rhinelander
remember? There's four things to do in Rhinelander, Fish, Hunt, Shovel Snow
and Drink!

Old July 14th, 2006, 05:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Is it true that they don't consider it alcohol... but rather anti-freeze?

It's one of the four food groups! Besides, what are most beers, wines and
liquors made from? Fruits and grain! And aren't the "experts" saying that
Americans don't get enough fruit and grain in our diets? I'm just following
doctor's orders.......