OK, here's the scoop NWC 2006

Old July 15th, 2006, 02:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan Krueger

Default OK, here's the scoop NWC 2006

fishtale wrote:

I was asking to get some advice. I suppose there should be an inclusion
for the depreciated value of the boat and other direct and indirect
costs besides gas. I think guides charge a certain fee and they supply
a boat. I suppose they expect to make an hourly rate for their
professional services which is included in that certain fee .That may
be another approach to determine how much you should chip in as a non
boater.

RichZ wrote:

fishtale wrote:

I would think that it might be half the gas, food on
the boat , and a little extra for gas in bringing the boat to the NWC.

So you want the benefit of the boat for half the cost of operations for
the day, and don't take into account the cost of owning the boat at all.
You're a regular prince, you know that?

Consider these few items. The boat owner pretty much has to drive a full
sized, gas gooozling truck, because he's dragging a full size, gas
goozling boat for your benefit. You, on the other hand, could ride a
damned Vespa if you felt like it. In many cases, he has a major boat
payment (yes, it's his choice, but it's your choice to benefit from it
by fishing as a non-boater) on top of insurance and substantial
maintenance costs. Figure that in addition to the actual cost of daily
operation, it costs him a couple thou a year to own that rig you want to
track mud into and step on the upholstery of. Right off the bat, half of
1/50th of that is 40 or 50 bucks in base cost for the week. Now in
addition to the coast of dragging it there powered by 3 buck a gallon
fuel, he's got to run your sorry ass all over the lake for the week
burning 3 buck a gallon fuel. This is an easy one. When he stops for
fuel, you stick YOUR credit card in the gas pump and consider it a bargain.

Then you see where non boater is renting a boat which would be
considerably more than what is mentioned previously.

If someone is renting a boat and you are fishing with him, then the 2 of
you are renting a boat. Pay half the cost and you're even. Except in
your case, where there just has to be some kind of extra remuneration
for just putting up with you for the day.

Top poster (Al),

You have no idea what it costs to own and operate a boat. Hell, you
return $20 items to Walmart after YOU break them.

A few years ago I spent a lot of time on my friends boat. I always
filled the tank and when he bought a new boat, I bought the kicker for
about $1500. This may sound like a lot of money but he paid the big
bucks. My contribution was welcomed but it was only a small part of the
cost.

If you think $75 for fuel, a cheeseburger, and $20 for the trip home is
fair you better think again. If you have to do it, cheat Walmart, not
fishermen. They are real people.
Old July 15th, 2006, 02:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry

Dan Krueger wrote:
snip
If you think $75 for fuel, a cheeseburger, and $20 for the trip home is
fair you better think again. If you have to do it, cheat Walmart, not
fishermen. They are real people.

Are you sayin' if I ride in somebody's bass boat for a
day of fishin' and I give them $95 and a cheeseburger
that I'm cheating them ?!!?

Good grief, that's some damn expensive fishin'.

Any of you boys want to ride in the canoe with me and
Kipper the Hound I'll only charge a buck ninety-five
and a 12 pack of Budweiser. And I'll even let you have
some of the Budweiser. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old July 15th, 2006, 03:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. com...
Dan Krueger wrote:
snip
If you think $75 for fuel, a cheeseburger, and $20 for the trip home is
fair you better think again. If you have to do it, cheat Walmart, not
fishermen. They are real people.

Are you sayin' if I ride in somebody's bass boat for a
day of fishin' and I give them $95 and a cheeseburger
that I'm cheating them ?!!?

Good grief, that's some damn expensive fishin'.

Any of you boys want to ride in the canoe with me and
Kipper the Hound I'll only charge a buck ninety-five
and a 12 pack of Budweiser. And I'll even let you have
some of the Budweiser. ;-)

LOL, tell you what Ken, come on up for the NWC and I'll charge you only a
couple of LaBatt's Blue Labels...... Of course, you'll still have to cover
the entry fee.......
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old July 15th, 2006, 01:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

snip LOL, tell you what Ken, come on up for the NWC and I'll charge you
only a
couple of LaBatt's Blue Labels...... Of course, you'll still have to cover
the entry fee.......

And you will need lots of clean underwear after the FastCat ride too Ken.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. com...
snip

Old July 15th, 2006, 04:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
snip
Any of you boys want to ride in the canoe with me and
Kipper the Hound I'll only charge a buck ninety-five
and a 12 pack of Budweiser. And I'll even let you have
some of the Budweiser. ;-)

LOL, tell you what Ken, come on up for the NWC and I'll charge you only a
couple of LaBatt's Blue Labels...... Of course, you'll still have to cover
the entry fee.......

That's a fine and generous offer but current plans have
us in a cabin near Watersmeet, Michigan that week. We go
right through Rhinelander coming and going maybe we can
meet some of the rofb guys as we're passing through. I'll
have the wife and dog along, the wife knows about bass
fishermen by now, but my hound dog is pretty delicate
having known only trout fishermen. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old July 16th, 2006, 02:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan Krueger

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

snip
If you think $75 for fuel, a cheeseburger, and $20 for the trip home
is fair you better think again. If you have to do it, cheat Walmart,
not fishermen. They are real people.

Are you sayin' if I ride in somebody's bass boat for a
day of fishin' and I give them $95 and a cheeseburger
that I'm cheating them ?!!?

Good grief, that's some damn expensive fishin'.

Any of you boys want to ride in the canoe with me and
Kipper the Hound I'll only charge a buck ninety-five
and a 12 pack of Budweiser. And I'll even let you have
some of the Budweiser. ;-)

Not a day - a week. That's a lot of beer!
Old July 21st, 2006, 12:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

It would be a month of Sundays before I'd pay $95 for fuel. I wouldn't
pay any less either as I simply wouldn't participate. I catch a lot of
fish on a much more sustainable approach.

Old July 21st, 2006, 02:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John Kerr

[...]
=======
Rich, you left out a few things . The first one is a huge "thank you!"

I often go fishing with my neighbor who owns a bass boat...I pay the
gas, and "clean" the crappie "he" catches (his wife cooks them and
shares with me, so that's a plus).

I also help him clean the boat when we get home...and "thank" him again!

He loves the fishing company...and is always telling me I'm contributing
too much, but so far he has never refused the "contribution"..a great
neighbor!

I certainly don't have any problem with my contributions.....after all,
I could elect to be a "boater"....Rich has already covered most of the
costs, so I won't re-vist them, but you can buy a house here in Kentucky
with the "investment'!

jmo

Old July 31st, 2006, 02:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I plan on being there with my boat.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
I've been thinking about this year's Northwoods Classic. The idea that Joe
had of conducting the actual tournament on Thursday and Friday makes a lot
of sense to me. Normally everyone arrives on Tuesday or Wednesday morning
at the latest anyway, and we'd totally miss the weekend traffic that occurs
on Saturday. Plus, anyone that would like to stay until Sunday morning
would have all day Saturday to sample some of the other area lakes if they'd
like.

So, the actual tournament dates are September 7th and 8th. I'll be
contacting The Claridge - Best Western Motor Lodge in Rhinelander,
Wisconsin, once again to confirm approximate arrival/departure dates and
room rates so it would help me to know how many people will be attending?

If you've never attended a function like this, it's a great way to put faces
to names, to have fun and fish some different water. To be eligible to fish
in this fun tournament, all you have to do is be a participating member of
either the ROFB (where you're reading this) or OutdoorFrontiers.com. You
don't even have to have a boat, we will pair non-boaters with those that
come with boats. If you do come with a partner, and you wish, you can fish
with that person on the first day, the second day will have boaters drawing
their non-boating partners, unless there's "Special Circumstances" like a
spouse or child attending. I wholeheartedly recommend this practice by the
way!

The entry fee (which is 100 % paid back) will be $25.00 per day and if you'd
like to get into the Big Bass contest, an additional $10.00, which is also
100% paid out. So, if you fish both days and are in the Big Bass Contest,
it'll run you $60.00 total.

The tourney will be held on Boom Lake, an impoundment of the Wisconsin River
and is home to largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, northern pike, walleye,
muskie and (we put them in specially for Warren and Charles) the
ever-popular Dogfish! Fishing Hot Spots makes a pretty good map of the lake
if anyone would like to order one to study the lake in advance.

Winners will be determined by total, combined weight of bass caught over the
two day period. The bass must be 14" or greater and the daily bag limit is
five per person. Bass are bass, smallmouth and largemouth may be combined.
Wisconsin has a "No-Culling" rule, so it's up to you to decide if a bass is
a keeper or you think you can do better BEFORE the fish goes into the
livewell. Once it's in the well, it's yours for the rest of the day.

There will be cash payouts and trophies for the first three places, a trophy
and cash for the largest bass caught over the two days. As usual, I will be
building a rod that will go to the first place winner, and I'll get a rod
donated for the second place person.

There will be a trophy for the largest "Non-Bass" caught. It doesn't matter
whether it's a northern pike, walleye, muskie or dogfish. In the event of a
musky or walleye being caught, it must comply with size regulations for the
species as determined by the State of Wisconsin DNR.

No livebait will be allowed, artificial lures only although pork trailers
and other manufactured products (i.e. FoodSource lures) are allowed.

Also, I like to have door-prizes for all attendees, so if you think you can
get a "little something" to bring or send, you'll have my undying thanks!

It's a great time and I look forward to the next year immediately after it's
over!

So, who's coming, when and do you have a boat or not?

Old July 31st, 2006, 03:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Ronnie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I plan on being there with my boat.

Excellent!!! I knew I could depend on you Ronnie!

Now, anyone else?