new materials

Old April 14th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Randy

Default new materials

Just tied a bunch of Damsels and Chironomids with a new material to the USA.
It's called Liquid Lace. THis is NOT to be compared with Larva Lace. This
product is injected with baby oil ,It stretches more than 2 1/2 times it's
size.
It ties the most realistic looking flies when a colored underbody is used
and colored with a felt tip marker.
This is totally awesome stuff.
You can contact Ed Smith himself at:
Unique Fly Fishing Products
1244-12th St.
Kamloops, B.C. V2B 3C7
Phone 250-376-6641
If you can't find it at your local feather Merchant tell him to order it for
you. You WON'T be sorry.This stuff makes really good looking segmented
bodies. Awesome TDC's or any flies where you would use a V-rib product.
Randy

Old April 14th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Mike Connor

"Randy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ink.net...

SNIP This
product is injected with baby oil ,It stretches more than 2 1/2 times it's

You sure that is "baby oil" and not "snake oil"?

Old April 14th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Tim Lysyk

Mike Connor wrote:
"Randy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ink.net...

SNIP This

product is injected with baby oil ,It stretches more than 2 1/2 times it's

You sure that is "baby oil" and not "snake oil"?

I have seen flies tied using the Liquid Lace material. I saw a short
demonstration at the Calgary fly-tying expo a year ago. They do look
pretty good, and quite lifelike. I think they would be good imitations
of phantom midges. However, having to use syringes and needles around to
inject the oil into the material seems to be taking things a little far,
but that's just my opinion.

Tim Lysyk
Old April 14th, 2004, 04:21 PM
bassrecord

Injected with Baby oil, snake oil or anything else makes the fly ineligible
for IGFA record status, if that is of interest:

http://igfa.org/rulebook/page2.html

F. LURES
The lure must be a recognized type of artificial fly, which includes
streamer, bucktail, tube fly, wet fly, dry fly, nymph, popper and bug. The
use of any other type of lure or natural or preserved bait, either
singularly or attached to the fly, is expressly prohibited. Only a single
fly is allowed. Dropper flies are prohibited. The fact that a lure can be
cast with a fly rod is not evidence in itself that it fits the definition of
a fly. The use of any lure designed to entangle or foul-hook a fish is
prohibited. No scent, either natural or artificial is allowed on flies. The
use of scented material in a fly is prohibited.

Good luck anyway!
John

"Tim Lysyk" wrote in message
news2bfc.4269$aD.4047@edtnps89...

Old April 14th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Frank Reid

However, having to use syringes and needles around to
inject the oil into the material seems to be taking things a little far,
but that's just my opinion.

Tim Lysyk

Can I use my worm inflator?
--
Frank Reid
Reverse Email to reply

Old April 15th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Frank Reid

inject the oil into the material seems to be taking things a little
far, but that's just my opinion.

Tim Lysyk

Can I use my worm inflator?

you bought those pills too?

Uh, uh, vitamins. Thats right, they're vitamins.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse Email to reply