FS: 15 years worth of tying materials

Old April 15th, 2004, 01:18 PM
wch

Default FS: 15 years worth of tying materials

Due to failing eyesight, I'm selling my tying outfit. I have a Renzetti
Travelers Vise plus two Sunrise vises, 8-10 bobbins (various makes) about 6
Metz and Keough necks, about 60 spools of thread plus some Kevlar thread,
various hooks and spinners, tools and manuals and several years worth of
American Flytyer and assorted magazines. Also have a portable cabinet that
opens like a double suitcase. This was purchased from an ad in the American
Flytyer about 10 years ago. It's never been outside. Also have a tying desk
(pretty good homemade one) Too numerous to list bunch of material, including
kip tails and dubbing. You can figure what the vise, necks and thread are
worth. The cabinet was about $275 (10 years ago). I'd like to get about $350
for all and you pay shipping or $400 and I'll pay s&h., but I'll take
offers. I'm located in West Virginia. Email and I'll send pics by return
email. Thanks.
Pete

Old April 15th, 2004, 10:40 PM
bassrecord

Default 15 years worth of tying materials

Pete, just a few thoughts to help you.
1. This NG is not really geared to buying/selling used fly tying
materials - look at eBay.
2. Without seeing pics and descriptions of your stuff, on eBay you are
looking to receive probably less than $50 for the case and under $50 for the
tying stuff.
3. You might get more by listing your stuff with a local fly fishing club
or cutting a deal with a local fly shop.
4. Another possible buyer may be a local high school or college fly tying
class instructor who may have surplus funds.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
John

Old April 16th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Hooked

"wch" wrote in message
[...]

I'll trade you my broken down, 23 year old, rusted out, piece of scrap, Jap
built truck.

Of course, you pay all shipping and handling costs.