Bright Green Thread

Old April 16th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Jim

Default Bright Green Thread

Well, I've Googled it, I've check manufacturers web sites, and I think I
have checked just about every mail order catalog known to mankind, but I
still can't find a bright green 6/0 thread of about the same color Uni uses
on some of their spool labels. I know such a color exists because I bought
some flies somewhere that use this color thread for the head of a caddis
worm. Unfortunately, no one that I have contacted seems to have anything
like it.

Thus, my post. Does anyone out there have a source for such a color they
could recommend?

Jim Ray

Old April 17th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Bill Mason

"Jim" wrote in message

Thus, my post. Does anyone out there have a source for such a color they
could recommend?

Not sure if this is the color green you're after, but Cabela's sells some
"highlighter" green thread by Gudebrod and Ultra. It's pretty bright.

Cheers,
Bill

Old April 17th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Bill

"Jim" wrote in message
Well, I've Googled it, I've check manufacturers web sites, and I think I
have checked just about every mail order catalog known to mankind, but I
still can't find a bright green 6/0 thread of about the same color Uni

uses
on some of their spool labels. I know such a color exists because I bought
some flies somewhere that use this color thread for the head of a caddis
worm. Unfortunately, no one that I have contacted seems to have anything
like it.

Thus, my post. Does anyone out there have a source for such a color they
could recommend?

Jim Ray

Jim,

This is my first post on this board but I've been reading for a while now.
The last time I purchased some of the Uni products, I purchased from
one of the Ebay stores. Shadow Lake Sports is who I bought from and
his prices are very good. The last time I looked, he did have the bright
green uni-thread in 6/0.

http://stores.ebay.com/id=48784813&ssPageName=L2

Hope this helps,
Bill

Old April 17th, 2004, 05:02 AM
pw

Well, I've Googled it, I've check manufacturers web sites, and I think I
have checked just about every mail order catalog known to mankind, but I
still can't find a bright green 6/0 thread of about the same color Uni uses
on some of their spool labels. I know such a color exists because I bought
some flies somewhere that use this color thread for the head of a caddis
worm. Unfortunately, no one that I have contacted seems to have anything
like it.

Thus, my post. Does anyone out there have a source for such a color they
could recommend?

Jim Ray

What do you mean by Bright Green? Chartreuse?

I bought a spool of Fluorescent Chartreuse thread at Dan Baileys
(Waxed) but it's the larger stuff (#140). I bet they have the thinner
stuff there too. I am starting to like this thread. With both sizes
you can flatten it or spin it and it has good strength for it's size.
It's a little shiny too.

-pw

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)