what a day- sad story

Old February 6th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Crownliner

Default what a day- sad story

this a.m. i was going to work and taking 4 loomis rods to pack and ship
after ebay sales. i have a spiffy 4 door truck i drive when the weather is
bad. last night we had a little snow and ice and more on the way today. i
opened the truck door and the back door and put the rods in. i leaned them
against the back seat and closed the back door. guess what was in the door
jam? yep, 4 loomis rods. 1 glx and 3 imx all sold and paid for. what a
sweet day, $600 down the old crapper, if loomis decides not to warranty
them. they all have a nice long nifty splitting crack that just screams
door smash, and i imagine loomis would know even if i lied. i didn't though
and told the straight skinny in a note with an $80 check that went to loomis
this afternoon.

5 years i have been selling high end rods and never a crack. then bang all
caught up in one slam of the door.

crownliner

Old February 6th, 2004, 05:33 AM
J Buck

Oh my...that sounds like it *really* hurt. In some ways more so that
slamming your fingers in the jamb.

Old February 6th, 2004, 06:19 AM
go-bassn

What do you sell the Loomis'; for?

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

Old February 6th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Calif Bill

[...]

I feel your pain. Years ago, I went catfish bank fishing in the Sacramento
Delta near my home. Had 2 rods leaning against the back of my Rabbit. Wind
caught the hatchback and shortened both rods about 18". I am 60 and maybe
broke 5 rods in all that time. 2 at that one time.
Bill

Old February 6th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Richard Liebert

Loomis will replace each rod for $50 apiece including all shipping with no
questions asked. They don't care how the rod was destroyed. They will ship
the new rods out pre-paid, then you send the broken rods back in the
shipping tube supplied. Postage is included. I have done this. Just give
them a call and have your credit card handy.

Old February 6th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Scott Seidman

"Crownliner" wrote in

5 years i have been selling high end rods and never a crack. then
bang all caught up in one slam of the door.

crownliner

If you're a retailer that deals in Loomis, I'd recommend calling your sales
rep and asking what he can do.

If you're buying rods from retailers at a discount, and reselling, I think
you'd just use Loomis's repair/replace policy-- fixed repair/replace cost
for each rod, substantially less than retail.

Scott
Old February 6th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Baitgal

Is there any chance your house or car insurance would cover something like
this?
Afterall it was an accident.
Lordy!..Sorry to hear that happened!

snip

Old February 6th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Crownliner

check me out on ebay. i think the cheapest imx went for about $130 and the
glx was about $240. my ebay name is bassngear. just look up recently
closed items. i sell off tackle about 3-4 times a year and other items like
graphs and gps.

i usually keep custom rods i like and sell the factory tackle. some i get
to try and show to guide clients, some i buy at a discount and some i buy
used just to resell.

i can't wait for the call from loomis. i suspect this will fall under
abuse, not normal usage and i will be politely told sorry. i like loomis
and would not blame them for declining to warranty the rods.

crownliner

Old February 6th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Scott Seidman

"Crownliner" wrote in news:%mNUb.238485$na.389894
@attbi_s04:

i can't wait for the call from loomis. i suspect this will fall under
abuse, not normal usage and i will be politely told sorry. i like loomis
and would not blame them for declining to warranty the rods.

Why don't you just wait to find out? My understanding is that the
replacement policy is like an unconditional pay-per-incident warranty

Scott
Old February 6th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Bob La Londe

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.17...
"Crownliner" wrote in news:%mNUb.238485$na.389894
@attbi_s04:

i can't wait for the call from loomis. i suspect this will fall under
abuse, not normal usage and i will be politely told sorry. i like

loomis
and would not blame them for declining to warranty the rods.

Why don't you just wait to find out? My understanding is that the
replacement policy is like an unconditional pay-per-incident warranty

Scott

I dunno. I sent a bunch of broken rod to Quantum last year, and told them
that they were all broken from rod locker and travel abuse. Also, I wasn't
sure I had bought them all in the last year, but I have some copies of
receipts for rods.

When I called they said send them and they would let me know what they would
charge to repair or replace the lot of them.

They replaced every one of them no-charge.

Quantum rods are inexpensive and probably make some of the lightest rods for
their action and price. Some might enterpret this as cheap, because of the
low price and the fact that they will tolerate being slammed in the door of
a rod locker or having the tip doubled over. Some might alos say that its
no big deal that Quantum replaced them because the company is so big and the
price of the rods is so low, but I look at it differently.

Its a good rod to fish with, and if I do break one they will take care of
me. Basically free replacemnt for the first year then a fraction of the
cost to replace them afterwords.

Amazingly I haven't broken one since. Of course I have learned my way
around my boat a little better too.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com