Sal****er FF Paradise

Old August 24th, 2006, 06:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David

Default Sal****er FF Paradise

Thought you all would find the following of interest. Imagine you in
that boat in three feet of water with a fly rod and barbless hooks....

*......We drifted into pods of solid bass for an hour and hooked into
tons of fish on rubber crank baits and light tackle gear. At times we
had two, three, and four hook-ups all at once. Then, just before
sunset, we looked down bay and saw an incredible sight: the mother of
all blitzes coming our way. I mean the kind of fishing blitz like you
dream about. Huge, solid, packed schools of fish, birds, and bait, all
shoulder to shoulder moving across the flats in slow motion. The winds
died down, the sun was setting, and the tide was rising. And the fish
poured into the bay and up onto the flats by the hundreds, perhaps the
thousands... It was just mind boggling. The blitzes were so intense.
The only thing I can relate it to is like the intensity you experience
in a heavy hail storm. At times like this, I wish I had a film crew
with me to document it... It was just plain exciting to watch, let
alone fish in.

We ended the evening at dark with around 40-50 striped bass and blues
caught and released. We did keep about eight bluefish. ....*

This occured just recently on the Mass. South Shore. The fall Striper
migration is right around the corner and I hope to be there for it on
Cape Cod for a few weeks in late September.

David N.

Old August 24th, 2006, 07:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred Lebow

Fortunately
I have been involved in some of these "blitzes" or feeding frenzies around
Plum Island or Newburyport Ma on the NH Border
There is nothing like it.
Sounds great.
Thanks for your post and reminding me about this in these hot, dry, dog days
of August.
Stripers are powerful fish and a LOT of fun on a flyrod.

Best of luck in the fall run.

Sincerely
Fred

--
oups.com...

Old August 28th, 2006, 04:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

What was the purpose of the fly rod?

Old August 29th, 2006, 02:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David

wrote:
What was the purpose of the fly rod?

What do you think was the purpose of the fly rod?

Old August 30th, 2006, 02:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ray or Bobbi Adams

You will never know the purpose of a flyrod until you use one in sal****er.
Hearing about the blitz brings back fond memories of south Jersey with blue,
stripers, weakfish.