The politics of nature

Old December 30th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Allen Epps

Default The politics of nature

In article , Dave
LaCourse wrote:

Ken Fortenberry writes:

I don't know if I believe it or not. I called it "the story going around"

Good enough.

Have you tried this year's Beaujolais Nouveau yet? I forgot all about it, but
managed to find a bottle.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Got one of the last bottles at my local gin slingers last week. Very
enjoyable.

Allen
Catonsville, MD
Old December 30th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Scott Seidman

"Tim J." wrote in
:

"Scott Seidman" wrote...
"Stan Gula" wrote:
"Scott Seidman" wrote...
PS-- It's my birthday and I'll argue if I want to!!

Cheers, Scooter. I just drank a shot of Aberlour 15 in your honor
- too bad I couldn't share that with you. Maybe we can do that
belatedly in the New Year.

snip

Maybe we can get together on some other neutral ground, like the
Beamoc area when NY State Council TU holds its meeting in that area
come Spring (it's obviously timed for good fishing), or we can do a
bluegill clave in your neck of the woods. Anyone up for a
mini-clave, maybe Beamoc?

Where is that, Scott?

BTW, we could REALLY splurge and do both!

That's in NY, in the Catskills. It's not really a place in and of itself,
just our shorthand for the Beaverkill/Willowemoc region. I should be there
for the State TU meeting, but I'm not sure of the dates. Likely as not,
I'll try to book a group site.

Scott
Old December 30th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message
From a macro-political veiwpoint markie, nader did help Bush. If one

assumes
the greenies were going to vote,

See, Wyanie there's the catch. You assume that folks would just vote for
the sake of votin'.

See my reply to 'tripper below:

"daytripper" wrote in message
Then you don't understand how our system works.

You'll have to provide a little illumination to explain that one, Mark...

/daytripper (the math sez you're quite wrong...)

Math has nothin' to do with it. If I voted for Nader--and I did-- I did so
because I didn't want to vote for neither Bush nor Gore. Had I not voted
for Nader or some other candidate, I wouldn't have voted at all. So You
might as well argue that all the folks who could have registered to vote,
but didn't, and all of the folks that were registered to vote, but didn't
were also spoilers.

I don't vote for the lesser of two evils. Why would I want to choose
between Stalin and Hitler? The folks that complain that Nader voters
spoiled the election for Gore are the ones who are spoiled. They didn't get
things their way and so they want to place blame. There is no blame to
place, at least not with part of the electorate that didn't vote for either
Bush or Gore. We made our choices, knowin' full well that our candidate
didn't have a snow-balls chance in hell of winnin', yet we voted for them
nonetheless. Imagine that, there are folks that actually vote their
conscience.

Op
But what most democrats conviently forget, that Perot probably did the

same
thing to aid clinton during the first election.

I worked in the Perot petition drive, as it never actually got to the
campaign phase, and I stil don't buy this arguemen.

Op

Old December 30th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Scott Seidman wrote in
. 1.4:

You can't stop a guy who comes from a line of people like this from
arguing!

Scott

PS-- It's my birthday and I'll argue if I want to!!

Happiest of B-Days Scott!!!!!!!

Op --you'll have to excuse me if I don't argue this point.--

Old December 30th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:08:40 -0500, "Tim J."
wrote:

PS-- It's my birthday and I'll argue if I want to!!

Really ! Mine's tomorrow.

****! Happiest of B-Days to you too Greg!

Op --Damn, ya have one announced B-Day, and everyone thinks they gotta
announce theirs too :~^( --

Old December 30th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Scott Seidman

"Guyz-N-Flyz" wrote in news:bunIb.66145$xB5.35141
@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

Op --you'll have to excuse me if I don't argue this point.--

Along the lines of John Cleese-- no, I don't :-)

Thanks
Scott
Old December 30th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Tom Littleton

Stev notes:
In this situation, I tend to believe the Army's
story.

yeah, after that whopper they cooked up for the Jessica Lynch saga, could they
have that much bull**** left in them?
Tom
Old December 31st, 2003, 12:39 AM
Stan Gula

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Aberlour! Is that that reasonable and tasty single malt I found for
Penns I, and can never remember what it is, no matter how many times I'm
told? Man, this hypothyroid **** is getting old. Gotta get that dose
right.

Yes, the Aberlour 10 has usually been a great deal. It recently went up
localy, but the 15 was a deal and it's really, really good.

Alas, Penns is off the docket for me this year...

Me too. You should come out to Western Mass. the weekend after Penns (week
before Memorial day?). We rent a campground on the Westfield... I might be
interested in your Beaverkill campout.

Maybe we can get together on some other neutral ground, like the Beamoc
area when NY State Council TU holds its meeting in that area come Spring
(it's obviously timed for good fishing), or we can do a bluegill clave in
your neck of the woods. Anyone up for a mini-clave, maybe Beamoc?

Bluegills (and other similar) could be on the agenda any time during the
summer.

Old December 31st, 2003, 12:53 AM
Ken Fortenberry

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Have you tried this year's Beaujolais Nouveau yet? ...

Yes, we went to the "est Arrive" party at our local wine store back
on the third Thursday of November. We liked the 2003 so much we
came away with two cases. We think it's the best in several years.

Enjoy !

--
Ken Fortenberry