sharp hooks

Old September 30th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Lure builder

Default sharp hooks

Can sharpening hooks improve inferior hooks on a lure. It is a pain changing
hooks and hard on the pocketbook too. I was thinking of going the sharpening
route but not if it is pointless.
Old September 30th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Bob La Londe

"Lure builder" wrote in message
SNIP

I was thinking of going the sharpening
route but not if it is pointless.

LOL

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

Old September 30th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Marty

"Lure builder" wrote in message
Can sharpening hooks improve inferior hooks on a lure. It is a pain

changing
hooks and hard on the pocketbook too. I was thinking of going the

sharpening
route but not if it is pointless.

Change that handle to "The Punster."

Old September 30th, 2004, 01:51 PM
BradS

I usually find it annoying when you all reply to the troll (he's killfiled for me).

But that was funny.

B~

Old September 30th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Illinois Fisherman

I would think that after irritating this board for over 4 years you have
learned by now.

What is the only thing that hooks fish?

You cannot improve the metal on an inferior set of hooks.

But a good sturdy split ring pliers for 10 to 15 bucks. They pay for
themselves after one use.

The only thing that needs sharpening and is pointless is your mind.

Old October 1st, 2004, 01:04 AM
XcitableBoi

He ain't the sharpest hook on the lure.

Old October 1st, 2004, 05:30 AM
William Barger

Default sharp hooks~lurebuilder~

You're kidding right? Right?

Old October 1st, 2004, 06:14 AM
Lure builder

Not to be a dullard, there is a point to this fishing thread tied to hooks. "If
you are stuck with inferior hooks can they be improved through sharpening ?" As
a metaphor if you are attached to a woman, who might be named Barb, can things
improve or is it necessary to do a release.
Old October 1st, 2004, 12:47 PM
RichZ

Lure wrote:
Not to be a dullard,