beginner question about two-piece surf rods

Old August 13th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Timo

Default beginner question about two-piece surf rods

I have never surf-fished before -- bought a few relatively inexpensive 10'
surf rods for myself and my kids. Is it recommended to spray the rubber tip
of the upper section with a lubricant to make the rods easy to take apart?
Thanks
Timo

Old August 13th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Rodney

Timo wrote:

I have never surf-fished before -- bought a few relatively inexpensive 10'
surf rods for myself and my kids. Is it recommended to spray the rubber tip
of the upper section with a lubricant to make the rods easy to take apart?
Thanks
Timo

It wouldn't hurt, but I have never done it,, I have never needed to

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 13th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Musashi

"Timo" wrote in message
I have never surf-fished before -- bought a few relatively inexpensive 10'
surf rods for myself and my kids. Is it recommended to spray the rubber

tip
of the upper section with a lubricant to make the rods easy to take apart?
Thanks
Timo

I once did that on a two piece rod.
On the third cast the top section went flying along the line.
I probably looked like an idiot.
Have never done it since.

Old August 13th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Cliff

Don't take it apart. I always get dirt and sand in mine. Oil would make it
worse.
It's never the same when you put it back together.

Regards,
Cliff

Fishing: "a sport surrounded entirely by liars in old clothes"

Old August 14th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Sierra fisher

In fly fishing, most use candle wax on the male ferule. This is more to
make sure they don't come apart, but it alsohelps in getting them apart.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com