Barlow Tackle Soft Plastics Opinions??

Old January 8th, 2006, 11:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Barlow Tackle Soft Plastics Opinions??

I received the Barlow's catalog in the mail and noticed that they had
imitation Senkos called Rat Tails. They look like a good deal for a 100
pack it is only 18.95. Has anyone bought these or would they like to give
any other opinions on other senko copies it just seems like these are a good
deal. I currently use either Senkos or Wacky Worms.

Thanks,
pat

Old January 9th, 2006, 12:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Pat, I have used Barlow's in the past. Can't speak for these particular
baits , and have not seen a Barlow's catalog for some time. Some of their
baits I liked, and you could not beat the prices. Did they catch fish, wish
I could give a definitve answer. But I suffer from CRS!

--
______________________________
Dave Norton

Old January 9th, 2006, 12:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

My buddies and I use BPS stick-o's all the time. (we crushed 'em at El
Salto last year on the watermellon color) Yes they do fall apart as
quickly as Senkos but they're about 1/2 of the price. I also use Big
Bites that I have only found at Gander Mountain and are cheaper still,
and have caught a whole bunch of fish with them also. Once again it's
the action of the bait not the brand name that the fish sees!

Old January 10th, 2006, 02:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"RATMAN" wrote in message
oups.com...
My buddies and I use BPS stick-o's all the time. (we crushed 'em at El
Salto last year on the watermellon color) Yes they do fall apart as
quickly as Senkos but they're about 1/2 of the price. I also use Big
Bites that I have only found at Gander Mountain and are cheaper still,
and have caught a whole bunch of fish with them also. Once again it's
the action of the bait not the brand name that the fish sees!

If you have an Acadamy Sports & Outdoors anywhere near by, check out their
Worm Bar. A new one just went in across the street from where I work and the
soft plastics (including senko knockoffs) are 20 for a dollar. I picked up
60 different soft plastic baits of all shapes and sizes for $3.00 !!!!!!!
Won't be able to give them a real trial untill spring, but the seem to be
just as good as any others I seen for much more money. (ok, the tubes
were'nt much to look at)

Larry

Old January 10th, 2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Senco trick. Don Iovino sells a small rubber nail, shorter than the ones
for his singer pegging. At the show he showed where he put one through the
eye of the hook and cut it to maybe 3/16". Installed the Senco with the
nail snugged in the nose of the senko. Appeared to give a lot more holding
power and spread out the load. At 100 for $10 is still 10 cents each, so
might save some money, but may just make it so you do not have to change
worms as often.

"Pat_RI" wrote in message
Thanks for the info about Academy but I do not have one in my state. I
wish
now that I did.
"Larry Runkle" wrote in message

oups.com...