Seagull retrieved me lure for me

Old January 16th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Jimmy Reza de la Turin

Default Seagull retrieved me lure for me

Went out fishing for bass in a pond that is about 100yds wide.
I tied on a deep diving crankbait and was casting it to the middle
of the pond when on one cast it snapped off. Previously I cleared
seagulls off a small pier so I can cast off into the lake. They were
floating around in pond. I couldn't see my lure in the water but
I knew it landed in the middle. I left the pier and walk down the path
and tied another lure for shallow water fishing. 5 minutes later a
seagull was circling above me and I can see it had my lure in its
mouth. It flew down to me about 4 yds away and dropped the lure and
flew away. That was the nicest thing any animal has ever done for me
(that lure costs $7 btw) Tomorrow planning on dropping some anchovies
at the pier for a reward.

turin

Old January 16th, 2004, 11:40 PM
J Buck

Great story I had a cormorant (think of a seagull crossed with a
loon) hook a lure once. I followed him for 15 minutes over the lake and
finally cut the line.

Old January 17th, 2004, 01:43 PM
alwaysfishking

Now thats funny. Got me laughing hard this morning. Just picturing Dan
telling the story again. Whew I cant wait until april

snipJust make sure Huber ain't around! ;-)

HJ aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Specialty Tackle Fishin' Team
Share the knowledge, compete on execution

Old January 17th, 2004, 11:04 PM
egildone

Now what was it you were drinking or smoking at the time?

--
Ed (remove nospam to reply)