Lowrance or Eagle?

Old September 25th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Jim & Lil

Default Lowrance or Eagle?

Hi There,

Buying a new 2004, 17 foot Lund 'fisherman' boat next year and I am in
the market for a new fish finder...have been doing some research and have
found two fish finders that both meet my needs. All my fishing will be on
in-land waters with no depth exceeding 600 feet... a shallow water alarm is
a must...I am primarily a walleye fisherman (do the odd tournament) and I
also deep troll for Lake trout (downriggers etc..)..
I looked at most prominent makes, Humminbird, Eagle, Garmin, Lowrance

I came up with the Lowrance X87 and the Eagle Fishmark 320... can
anyone comment on either one of these units?

Thanks in advance .....Jim

Old September 28th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Charles Tilson

Both Very good units and both made by Lowrance I have the Egale and the
Shallow alarm is great fish rivers and manmade lakes good luck

Charlie

Old September 29th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Jim & Lil

Thank you Charles...I didn't know that Eagle Brand fish finders were made by
Lowrance......hmmmm you probably helped me make my decision... Jim
.. .

Old October 11th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Paul Wolf

Hi there;
I have a Lowrance Map160 but thinking of moving up to the x-15 unit.I know
it's a bit more money but you can't beat the Quality. Also I hear no mention
of an GPS unit from you. I would not enter any type of water with out my
GPS. It safed me a couple of times out on Lake Ontario coming home in fogy
conditions.
Good fishing
Paul