Rods

Old November 19th, 2005, 03:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Rods

Most sensitive rod for between 100 & 200 bucks

Loomis , Falcon , Wizard

Need opinions ?

Old November 19th, 2005, 06:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I am partial to G Loomis and St. Croix. I use G Loomis rods for most
of my baitcasters and St. Croix for most of my Spinning rods. G Loomis
GL3s and St. Croix Avid series is in the price range you are looking
for. I used to use Falcom Cara series but did not like the action or
feel. This is just personal peference tho.
I hear the Helium LTA series from Kistler are GREAT rods. I am not
sure of prices tho.
The best thing to do is go to a tackle shop and feel the rod with the
same reel you will be using on them. Everyones feel is different.
Hope this helps some.

Old November 19th, 2005, 06:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

james morgan wrote:
Most sensitive rod for between 100 & 200 bucks

Loomis , Falcon , Wizard

Need opinions ?

I like Loomis, but only in the IMX or GLX, otherwise I think you can get
other rods for better price.

I have not used a Flacon or Wizard enough to give a good opinion.

I love the Kistler Rods!!!! I think worth the money everytime. The only
I have more G Loomis is becasue I found a place going under and was able
to get the rods at 40% off.

I would not cound out BPS rods. For the money and combo price they are a
great way to go. I have several BPS reels still in box for emergancies.

Another brand to look at, if you can find the, are Rogue. My
understanding is that they are made by Loomis guys that left Loomis.
They do not carry the Loomis name, that I believe you do pay a little
extra for.But a friedn that uses them likes them the same as he likes
his IMX and GLX rods,a dn sadi they were in a better price range.

Hope it helps. Also, sensitive is a personal thing. So be sure to check
them out for yourself. I fished with a guy that pflips jigs in heavy
grass on Toledo Bend. What he said was a sensitive rod for that was a
tree trunk to me. What I told him was my jig rod he said was too sloppy.
We both caguth only one fish that day. Useing those rods. Be sure to be
happy with whatever it is you find. Like it for you even if I say it is
not good.

Never forget every year a 5 year old catches a 5lb Bass on his Snoopy
fishing rod.
Old November 20th, 2005, 02:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I would go with either the GLX or the LTA from Kistler!

Old November 20th, 2005, 02:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I am an ALL STAR and ALL PRO fan. That is all I use currently. The
IM10/Team Allstar are good. The T series is the best and in your price
range. The All Pro APX is a very good line and in your price range
also.

But, these are my preferance. Hope this helps.

-Justin

www.SecretWeaponLures.com
www.BateyCustomLures.com
www.USABASSIN.com

Old November 26th, 2005, 05:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Loomis GLX or IMX. Step down, St. Croix