become a clear thinker

Old August 25th, 2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Joe McIntosh

Default become a clear thinker

Started classes yesterday . One professor seems to understand her job as I
believe it should be approached. Course Goals:
Master significant details and interpretations of Russia's pre-20th c.
history
Learn to interpret primary sources
Develop a habit of wondering and articulating significant questions
Become a clear thinker
Improve your ability to write about books and ideas.
If I accomplish this perhaps I will be able to join Roff discussions.

Other class is just a lark--50 students in a class on Ethics in
International Affairs - first day
1 and 1/2 hour open discussion on question - Was the US morally right in
going to war in Iraq ?
Sounded just like Roff so I may skip many days of this class.

In current fishing magazine Jim Casada says a good fisherman should
probably catch 50 plus in one day on a small Blue Ridge stream. Last time I
saw him he was so fat I doubt he could climb up a small rocky N.C stream for
one-half day!

Need to study--hope I Alaska guys are catching 60 each day !
Joe

Old August 26th, 2006, 03:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeffc

"Joe McIntosh" wrote in message

In current fishing magazine Jim Casada says a good fisherman should
probably catch 50 plus in one day on a small Blue Ridge stream. Last time
I saw him he was so fat I doubt he could climb up a small rocky N.C stream
for one-half day!

You need to take that dude out fishing. Maybe he'll get in shape.

Old August 26th, 2006, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
vincent p. norris

In current fishing magazine Jim Casada says a good fisherman should
probably catch 50 plus in one day on a small Blue Ridge stream. Last time I
saw him he was so fat I doubt he could climb up a small rocky N.C stream for
one-half day!

Joe, maybe he does a belly-whopper into the nearest pool, washing 50
trout out onto the banks, where he picks them up and goes home.

vince
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
In current fishing magazine Jim Casada says a good fisherman should
probably catch 50 plus in one day on a small Blue Ridge stream. Last time
saw him he was so fat I doubt he could climb up a small rocky N.C stream
for
one-half day!

Joe, maybe he does a belly-whopper into the nearest pool, washing 50
trout out onto the banks, where he picks them up and goes home.

vince

Gentlemen,
I have taken numerous, apparently fit fellas, on to Upper Creek with me, who
one would have thought could wade a stream effortlessly, yet they some of
the most cumbersome fishin' partners I have ever fished with.

Y'alls slight on overweight individuals is as stereo-typical as homophobic
stereo-types.

Op --besides, us fat guys will either out last you skinny *******s, when
lost in the wilds, or we will eat you to survive! GET IN MY BELLLY!--

Old August 27th, 2006, 02:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
vincent p. norris

Y'alls slight on overweight individuals is as stereo-typical as homophobic
stereo-types.

Opie, I can tell overweight jokes for the same reason I can tell Irish
jokes.

Op --besides, us fat guys will either out last you skinny *******s...

I am NOT skinny!!!

vince