Three Cheers for the 50 or 100 Years Bush War

Old September 14th, 2006, 02:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

Default Three Cheers for the 50 or 100 Years Bush War

To paraphrase a great fighting general: "The object of war is not for young
Republicans to die for their country but to make the less fortunate *******
die for his."

The self-fulfilling prophecy of Armageddon is upon us people, it's time to
draft young Republicans to the Bush War!

Op --of course, getting those who support the Bush War to actually support
the Bush War is altogether a horse of a different color--

Old September 14th, 2006, 05:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
To paraphrase a great fighting general: "The object of war is not for young
Republicans to die for their country but to make the less fortunate *******
die for his."

The self-fulfilling prophecy of Armageddon is upon us people, it's time to
draft young Republicans to the Bush War!

Op --of course, getting those who support the Bush War to actually support
the Bush War is altogether a horse of a different color--

The ultimate disgrace of this so-called war is that no one who counts
politically is asked to make any sacrifice. It's just more and more tax
cuts for the rich, and sinking deeper and deeper into the fiscal
debt-hole for our future generations. By "our future generations" I
mean, specifically, my children and my future grandchildren.

I'm ****ed. This sucks. It's time for a big change of direction.

Old September 14th, 2006, 01:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
m...

"rw" wrote

The ultimate disgrace of this so-called war is that no one who counts
politically is asked to make any sacrifice. It's just more and more tax
cuts for the rich, and sinking deeper and deeper into the fiscal
debt-hole for our future generations. By "our future generations" I mean,
specifically, my children and my future grandchildren.

I'm ****ed. This sucks. It's time for a big change of direction.

this is my rare and hopelessly ineffective political post, as all of
these are. until the huffing and puffing translates into votes, none of
this makes a good goddam.
anyway, my point is this: until the democrat party comes up with
someone who can successfully communicate the fact that george bush, et.
al., are driving an agenda that is totally opposed to the interests of the
economic middle and lower class southerners of all ages, we all will be
burdened with he and his like for the duration.

I get pretty sick of this defeatist argument, as I have heard it so much
offered as some sort of 'defense' for Bush. I am, of course, talking about
the bassackwards logic of blaming all the present governmental BS on the
Democrats for "not offering anyone better than Bush." The current
governmental, polical and socioeconomical BS of the current USA is the fault
of BUSH.

It is NOT the job of the Democratic party to unseat him or his cronys. Its
the job of the PEOPLE. Waiting around for Teddy K to come up with some sort
of strategy is not going to do it, and blaming the Party is just shirking
your (our) own accountability. Do you think the election was won by Karl
Rove?? It was won by every one of the Bush-voters who got out ON THEIR OWN,
NOT at the urging of the Party, and got their neighbors and family to vote
for Bush.

Whatever happened to 'ask not what your country can do for you...'? The
current version is "Ask not what your party can do to save your ass from
Bush.....ask what you can do to save your party's ass!"

Vote DEMOCRAT...kick the lying, stealing, manupulating *******s out. I would
take NIXON over Bush!

Myron

Old September 14th, 2006, 02:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 05:09:39 GMT, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

: until the democrat party comes up with
someone who can successfully communicate the fact that george bush, et.
al.,
are driving an agenda that is totally opposed to the interests of the
economic middle and lower class southerners of all ages, we all will be
burdened with he and his like for the duration.

that is, until the pickup drivers of this nation are able to stifle
their hatred of blacks, orientals, and hispanics, the great block of
southern and western states that have kept the republicans in power for
the
last forty years will continue to do so, against every logical
demonstration
of their own interests.

I find it difficult to believe that you believe that about me, my
family, my friends. Un****inbelievable coming from you.

louie, please review my comments, above. then answer me these
questions: are you, your family, and your friends econmic lower and middle
class southerners? are you "pickup drivers", other than in the literal
sense?

i didn't think so. i was making reference to a class of residents of
the old south, from virginia to texas, who carry each state for the repubs,
and who don't have the foggiest idea what the party stands for.

this sort of thing is the primary reason why participation in political
threads has been anathema to me for so long. i was an idiot to post.

yfitons
wayno

Old September 14th, 2006, 11:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

"riverman" wrote in message ...
It is NOT the job of the Democratic party to unseat him or his cronys.

Actually it is the job of the Democratic Party or any other political party
that can come up with a vision and the votes to back that vision.

Its the job of the PEOPLE.

The PEOPLE can't unseat the murderous band that presently holds power,
without a political party. And the Democratic party is the only political
party, presently, in the catbirds seat. Furthermore, if roles were
reversed, and we were want to rid ourselves of the lyin, cheatin' Jackass
party the PEOPLE would have only the GOP to turn to. You see they, both
parties, have set things up that way. There is one sure thing you can bet
your ass that they both agree on: NO VIABLE THIRD PARTY CAN BE DEVELOPED!
And they make certain of that whenever a third party threat is apparent.

Waiting around for Teddy K to come up with some sort of strategy is not
going to do it, and blaming the Party is just shirking your (our) own
accountability.

What, exactly, would you propose to do? Convince the electorate to do a
write-in vote for _________

Do you think the election was won by Karl Rove??

Yes, actually.

It was won by every one of the Bush-voters who got out ON THEIR OWN, NOT at
the urging of the Party, and got their neighbors and family to vote for
Bush.

Karl Rove took a page from the black ministries and got out the conservative
vote thr the white evangelical pulpit.

Whatever happened to 'ask not what your country can do for you...'? The
current version is "Ask not what your party can do to save your ass from
Bush.....ask what you can do to save your party's ass!"

Vote DEMOCRAT...kick the lying, stealing, manupulating *******s out. I
would take NIXON over Bush!

I'd vote for SATAN before I'd vote for a Democrat or a Republican, and I
don't even believe SATAN exists!

Op

Myron

Old September 14th, 2006, 11:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
These attacks on us are
acts of war.

No, they aren't....they are the work of a fanatical few, intent on causing
massive over-reaction. And, guess what,
it worked!

I find it difficult to believe that you believe that about me, my
family, my friends. Un****inbelievable coming from you.

Dave, read again, please. Wayno clearly stated the idea
that it is a bloc of voters in the South and West that are
keeping the Repubs in power. He is right. Your motivations, especially given
that you reside in Mass., couldn't matter less to the GOP. As far as their
strategists care, you could vote for the Communist Workers Party.
Really. But, they will gladly take your money.

Tell the Dems to come up with some new ideas. They've been running on
the *same* ideas for 50 years, and when they get the power, they do
*nothing* about their promises.

which, at this point, would be a refreshing change from the Republicans, who
**** up far beyond one's worst fears of what they are capable of when
elected.

Tom

Old September 14th, 2006, 11:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in

this sort of thing is the primary reason why participation in

political
threads has been anathema to me for so long. i was an idiot to post.

yfitons
wayno

Nonsense.....it was refreshing to read someone who clearly understands how
the beans are counted, and how a large group has been taken to the cleaners
by folks who claim to hold their "values" dear. Frankly, a similar question
might be asked of blacks who routinely vote for Democrats and get little
bang for their voting buck, so maybe the whole ball of wax comes down to
Pogo's, "we have met the enemy and he is US"........

Tom

Old September 15th, 2006, 02:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Tom, are you better off now than you were five or six years ago? The
answer HAS to be yes. Inflation is down, unemployment is practically
non-existant, interest rates are low. The economy is booming and the
market is hitting all time highs. AND there has been no terrorist
attack on the U.S.

Are we at war or is this just a criminal problem, you know, like
someone blowing up your car? We *are* at war, and we have been for a
number of years, even before Bush was elected. Clinton did nothing
against the terrorists, but Bush has. We have killed thousands of
Taliban and al Qaeda terrorists, and captured hundreds more. Yes, it
has cost us dearly in lives lost in the military, including my great
nephew. (At the funeral in Arlington his wife said that his 2nd tour
was supposed to be up in just a few more weeks, but he was ready to go
back when needed.) And, it will cost more lives before this war is
over. That's the nature of war dontchaknow.

I don't give a **** WHAT the reason was for going to war, but we ARE
at war and we should be at war to beat these *******s. Iraq is just a
battle right now. We will lose this war with a fractured nation - Red
against Blue as Tatosian likes to say. We're all in the same boat and
the sob is leaking badly with people like the leadership of the Dems
complaining but not coming up with any solutions. It's "Bush is
wrong. Bush lied. We need to set a date to get out of Iraq," etc.
etc. etc. But NO ideas. No ideas on how to deal with these killers
who want us all dead or converted to Islam. You and yours got a
prayer rug?

Man, you libs are gonna be ****ed when the US becomes a theocracy.
It could happen.

Old September 15th, 2006, 03:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Tom, are you better off now than you were five or six years ago? The
answer HAS to be yes. Inflation is down, unemployment is practically
non-existant, interest rates are low. The economy is booming and the
market is hitting all time highs.

When Bush took office almost six years ago the Dow Jones Industrial
Average was higher than it is now. The NASDAQ Composite Index was about
6000. Now it's 2228.

When Bush took office he inherited a surplus of $284 Billion from
Clinton. Today, the Office of Management Budget projects a $296 billion
federal deficit for fiscal year 2006. That would be the fourth largest
deficit of all time. Here’s the top five:

1. 2004 (George W. Bush) $413 billion
2. 2003 (George W. Bush) $378 billion
3. 2005 (George W. Bush) $318 billion
4. 2006 (George W. Bush) $296 billion (projected)
5. 1992 (George H. W. Bush) $290 billion

When Bush took office the national debt was about $5.6 trillion. Now
it's $8.5 trillion.

When Bush took office the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was 4%.
Now it's 4.7%

Those aren't numbers to brag about. Stop lying, LaCourse.

Old September 15th, 2006, 03:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:45:51 -0400, Dave LaCourse
wrote:
[...]

Kindly leave my name out of your poasts.

/daytripper ()