Your Show - Future of The Cache La Poudre

Old May 27th, 2008, 03:31 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
Willi Loehman

Default Your Show - Future of The Cache La Poudre

wrote:

That is not my answer at all and I never said it was. In my case it just so
happens to be the case. I certainly do not trust private "compasionate "
ownership. Humans are rarely compassionate & only when it suits them.
They can kill maim & torture each other over stupid variations in their
religious beliefs.
In the caseiof the Colorado rivers all that I did was to infer - that when
you have a lot of humans around money changes hands and money certainly
motivates politicians, developers and others regardless of the public
views.
What you do then is entirely up to you!
I am totally l in favor protecting lands from human development.and urban
sprawl
Colorado has certainly seen its lands endangered fom this.
Where does Denver begin and end now? Boulder is almost part of Denver Firt
Collins has at least quintupled in size.
Where, when and how does this end? Everyday more people are being born and
many are moving out West.
The last time I was in Vegas - speaking of a dead ******** - On the trams -
There was a recording saying how next cenrury, at this growth rate there
will be a trillion people there - SICK CITY? i do not believe in politics
as a vaible ottion and I have not for a long time..
However Willi and Tim - I do wish you luck with your envionmental and
political aspirations and endeavors but I offer no other or better options

Fred

As I see it, you either have public lands and have to deal with the
politics or you have private land. Don't know of any other alternative.

Willi
Old May 27th, 2008, 03:31 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
Willi Loehman

Tom Littleton wrote:
wrote in message
I was in Vegas - speaking of a dead ******** - On the trams -
There was a recording saying how next cenrury, at this growth rate there
will be a trillion people there ......
Fred

where, Fred, in the flow of complimentary adult beverages, did you actually
hear anyone suggest that Vegas, or even the planet, could sustain a
population roughly 200 times the current number of humans on Earth? I
suspect that something got lost in translation.
Tom

What's a thousand billion among friends?

Willi
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:19 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Tom Littleton

"Willi Loehman" wrote in message
p...
What's a thousand billion among friends?

Willi

there must be some math whiz, or plain, old patient soul with research
skills who could figure the surface area/person with a trillion people on
Earth. Now, I can estimate greater Las Vegas as roughly 2500 square miles.
Now that's around 75,000,000,000 square feet. My math gives each of the
trillion inhabitants 1/40 of a square foot of surface space......better
build some very tall buildings.
Tom

Old May 28th, 2008, 02:42 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
Willi Loehman

Tom Littleton wrote:
"Willi Loehman" wrote in message
p...
What's a thousand billion among friends?

Willi

there must be some math whiz, or plain, old patient soul with research
skills who could figure the surface area/person with a trillion people on
Earth. Now, I can estimate greater Las Vegas as roughly 2500 square miles.
Now that's around 75,000,000,000 square feet. My math gives each of the
trillion inhabitants 1/40 of a square foot of surface space......better
build some very tall buildings.
Tom

I guess I should have said CLOSE friends.

Willi
Old May 28th, 2008, 05:55 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

On 27-May-2008, "Tom Littleton" wrote:

there must be some math whiz, or plain, old patient soul with research
skills who could figure the surface area/person with a trillion people on
Earth. Now, I can estimate greater Las Vegas as roughly 2500 square miles.
Now that's around 75,000,000,000 square feet. My math gives each of the
trillion inhabitants 1/40 of a square foot of surface space......better
build some very tall buildings.
Tom

Tom
I swear it'
I wasn't drunk
I was working and tired at a stupid convention
I really heard this
Now you have me dioubting my sanity again

*******!

Fred
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:43 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

On May 27, 11:55 pm, wrote:
On 27-May-2008, "Tom Littleton" wrote:

there must be some math whiz, or plain, old patient soul with research
skills who could figure the surface area/person with a trillion people on
Earth. Now, I can estimate greater Las Vegas as roughly 2500 square miles.
Now that's around 75,000,000,000 square feet. My math gives each of the
trillion inhabitants 1/40 of a square foot of surface space......better
build some very tall buildings.
Tom

Tom
I swear it'
I wasn't drunk
I was working and tired at a stupid convention
I really heard this
Now you have me dioubting my sanity again

*******!

Fred

Two words: Georgia Guidestones.

Lots and lots and lots of questions.