Absolute beginner

Old July 8th, 2006, 10:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Y. Name

Default Absolute beginner

All,

I live in Tampa, FL and have decided to finally try my hand at fishing. I
do not have a boat, and don't really want one, but I live within easy
driving distance to fishing piers, beaches, and some fresh-water ponds.

I'm less than an absolute beginner. No equipment at all, just a desire to
learn and have fun.

I'm looking for guidance as to where to start. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Old July 8th, 2006, 10:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
David H. Lipman

From: "Y. Name"

| All,
|
| I live in Tampa, FL and have decided to finally try my hand at fishing. I
| do not have a boat, and don't really want one, but I live within easy
| driving distance to fishing piers, beaches, and some fresh-water ponds.
|
| I'm less than an absolute beginner. No equipment at all, just a desire to
| learn and have fun.
|
| I'm looking for guidance as to where to start. Any suggestions would be
| appreciated.
|
| Thanks,
| Andy

Asked and answered. Please don't Multi-Post.
Please learn to Cross-Post to pertinent, On Topic, News Groups instead.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old July 8th, 2006, 11:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Y. Name

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm also new to newsgroups.
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Bob La Londe

"Y. Name" wrote in message
. ..
All,

I live in Tampa, FL and have decided to finally try my hand at fishing. I
do not have a boat, and don't really want one, but I live within easy
driving distance to fishing piers, beaches, and some fresh-water ponds.

I'm less than an absolute beginner. No equipment at all, just a desire to
learn and have fun.

I'm looking for guidance as to where to start. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Drive down to a busy fishing pier, and walk around to see what people are
doing. Then talk with those that seem to be friendly.

Don't even take a fishing pole with you the first time.

Seriously. You will learn a lot. I have scouted fishing ponds that way too
even as a slightly more experienced fisherman.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old August 13th, 2006, 03:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Allen

Information for beginners or anyone who wants to catch fish..and not just go
fishing. Stop in @ http://click1now.com
. ..

Old August 13th, 2006, 05:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Bob La Londe

"Allen" wrote in message
Information for beginners or anyone who wants to catch fish..and not just
go fishing. Stop in @ http://click1now.com
"Y. Name" wrote in message
. ..
All,

I live in Tampa, FL and have decided to finally try my hand at fishing.
do not have a boat, and don't really want one, but I live within easy
driving distance to fishing piers, beaches, and some fresh-water ponds.

I'm less than an absolute beginner. No equipment at all, just a desire
learn and have fun.

I'm looking for guidance as to where to start. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Drive to the pier and talk to people. Don't take anything with you.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River