newcomer

Old October 17th, 2005, 02:26 PM

Default newcomer

Hello all,

Just a quick post looking for some information. I am moving from
Ireland to Kelowna BC in ten days time and am very much looking forward
to trying some of the exceptional fishing available in BC, particularly
looking forward to fishing the fraser river. I was just wondering what
ones options are at this time of year around kelowna, and further
afield. Any replys or infromation would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
John

Old October 22nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
Ralph Heidecke

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

Just a quick post looking for some information. I am moving from
Ireland to Kelowna BC in ten days time and am very much looking forward
to trying some of the exceptional fishing available in BC, particularly
looking forward to fishing the fraser river. I was just wondering what
ones options are at this time of year around kelowna, and further
afield. Any replys or infromation would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
John

There is some excellent lake fishing (called "stillwater fishing") in the
area but by the time you settle in it will be over until spring. Okanagan
Lake itself has fishing for large trout up to and over 20lbs and the lake
does not freeze in winter.

So you know it's a 3 hour trip from Kelowna to the Fraser - so you're not
that close. In November you fish the Thompson River for the worlds strongest
steelhead. It's about an hour and a half drive through the Town of Merrit
and on to Spences Bridge on the Thompson.

You must join one of the on line forums about fishing in BC:

FishBC:
http://forum.fishbc.com/index.php?sh...last_post&st=0

or Fishing with Rod: http://www.fishingwithrod.com/forum/index.html

FishBC is a very social board and many members get together for weekend
"fish outs" a couple of times a year. There's more of a focus on fly
fishing. There are also members in the Kelwona area.

I live close to Vancouver.

Take Care

Old October 24th, 2005, 08:11 PM

Thank you so much for your information, I'll take a look at those
forums...that steelhead fishing does not sound half bad!Thanks again
John

Old November 9th, 2005, 01:51 AM
bullnose

52 year old guy considering a move to the Kelowna area and since I love
fishing!!! thought that maybe someone might come forward with some
insights about this area and its fishing? Thank-You!

Old November 9th, 2005, 01:52 AM
bullnose