Tubes

Old January 5th, 2006, 05:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Tubes

I use thin-walled tubes, Zoom, BPS Tender Tubes and Luck-E-Strike. Mostly
black, pumpkinseed and watermelon, but just like other soft plastics, I
believe a huge number of colors will work well.

"Pat_RI" wrote in message
I want to spend more time fishing tubes could someone recommend some colors
to start out with and also some brands?

Old January 5th, 2006, 01:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Pat_RI wrote:
I want to spend more time fishing tubes could someone recommend some colors
to start out with and also some brands?

Pat,
I do agree that name's don't mean much, but I will only use a tube
that is salted. Crooked Creek, Shueberts, some Bass Pro Shops Tender
Tubes and my favorite, Phoenix Tubes, are all salted. I have found that
you can get away with some pretty basic colors to start with, then
experiment as you gain confidence. I prefer green pumpkin in dirty
water (I'll dip the tails chartruese in extremely muddy water) and
watermelon (with black flake) in clear water. You can play around with
the various subtle changes to these two colors, but this is what works
for me. I prefer the 3 1/2" size to start with and gain a limit or when
we have extremely blue skies and very slick water. I'll use the 4" to
gain that kicker fish or when the water has some color to it. For
Phoenix Tubes, see: http://www.phoenixlures.com

Jack
~~
Jack Dalzell
www.jdbass.com
www.OutdoorFrontiers.com
~~

Old January 5th, 2006, 03:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I fish Southern New York and Long Island waters, and for tubes a 4 inch Black Widow tube is my personal choice in black, smoke, or road kill in that order.

--
Joel Willstein

Muscoot Reservoir
Proud member of the Rat Pack.

Old January 5th, 2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Jack, that bronzeback series looks real good. I also like the qty. count for
the price. Thx for the link. Now all I need is the time to
fish...........hehehe!

--
______________________________
Dave Norton
wrote in message
oups.com...

Old January 5th, 2006, 10:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Dave,
You're welcome, they are great tubes and the fact that Phoenix
makes them in different sizes can be pretty helpful. You will not be
disappointed in the quality. While you're at it, the Maverick (similar
to a Sweet Beaver) is pretty awesome. While field testing them, we had
an extremely finicky bite (early November) and I cut the big, center
'flappers' off and fished it like a crawfish. We caught some quality
fish with them. They use a little different salt with the Maverick than
with the tubes, I believe I was told it is 'flour salt' which has a
pretty fine grain to it. We did fish these side-by-side with some other
similar baits. Hope no one miscontrues this as an advertisement.....
:-)

Jack
~~
Jack Dalzell
www.jdbass.com
www.OutdoorFrontiers.com
~~

Old January 5th, 2006, 10:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On 5 Jan 2006 14:04:26 -0800, sent into the ether:

Dave,
You're welcome, they are great tubes and the fact that Phoenix
makes them in different sizes can be pretty helpful. You will not be
disappointed in the quality. While you're at it, the Maverick (similar
to a Sweet Beaver) is pretty awesome. While field testing them, we had
an extremely finicky bite (early November) and I cut the big, center
'flappers' off and fished it like a crawfish. We caught some quality
fish with them. They use a little different salt with the Maverick than
with the tubes, I believe I was told it is 'flour salt' which has a
pretty fine grain to it. We did fish these side-by-side with some other
similar baits. Hope no one miscontrues this as an advertisement.....
:-)

Naw, just makes me more interested in trying tubes this summer. As
long as I'm sitting home with pneumonia, lets hear some comments about
how to fish heavy weeds/wood and slop with them. Please.

PS, I think I caught pneumonia standing outside practiceing flipping
with the new Curados. I love them :}

Jack
~~
Jack Dalzell
www.jdbass.com
www.OutdoorFrontiers.com
~~

Dave Norton wrote:
Jack, that bronzeback series looks real good. I also like the qty. count for
the price. Thx for the link. Now all I need is the time to
fish...........hehehe!

--
______________________________
Dave Norton
Custom Trim & Millwork
Millennium Custom Fishing Rods

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
wrote in message SNIP

Naw, just makes me more interested in trying tubes this summer. As
long as I'm sitting home with pneumonia, lets hear some comments about
how to fish heavy weeds/wood and slop with them. Please.

PS, I think I caught pneumonia standing outside practiceing flipping
with the new Curados. I love them :}

It's actually fairly simple. Texas Rig the tubes and fish em'! You can
either fish them weightless, letting them slide across the tops of the
weeds, then flutter into the holes or you can weight them with a pegged
weight and flip/pitch to holes and pockets.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 5th, 2006, 11:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I'm ready Jerry, as soon as the ice thaws !!!

Old January 5th, 2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

If there's a liar around here we all know who it is !!!!!

Old January 6th, 2006, 03:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Jack, Phoenix looks like the same manufacturer as Crooked Creek, Shueberts,
BPS Mag, am I right? Even if they are, you know each have their own
specifications as it pertains to salt content. How are the Pheonix? Equal
to CCT or closer to BPS Mags?

--
Craig Baugher