Tubes

Old January 6th, 2006, 04:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Tubes

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
wrote in message SNIP

Naw, just makes me more interested in trying tubes this summer. As
long as I'm sitting home with pneumonia, lets hear some comments about
how to fish heavy weeds/wood and slop with them. Please.

PS, I think I caught pneumonia standing outside practiceing flipping
with the new Curados. I love them :}

It's actually fairly simple. Texas Rig the tubes and fish em'! You can
either fish them weightless, letting them slide across the tops of the
weeds, then flutter into the holes or you can weight them with a pegged
weight and flip/pitch to holes and pockets.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Peg a bead, and put a skinny sliding sinker above the bead. Then the tube
floats up off the bottom, and when a fish bites, only feels the bead not the
weight.

Old January 6th, 2006, 08:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Another way to rig them weedless.
Place a casting sinker inside the tube with the eye of the sinker going
into the tube first. Then take a wide gap hook and texas/texpose rig it
making sure the hook runs through the eye of the sinker. This works
really well because the sinker keeps the hook from pulling out of the
tube and the hook keeps the sinker from pulling out.
If this doesn't make sense, maybe I can post a link to some pictures or
explain a little better.

Back to the original question. I like the Yum vibra tubes and Zoom,
although I picked up some Rattlesnake tubes for $0.62 that look pretty
good. White, pumpkin seed, and watermelon seed have been good to me,
but like Marty said I'm sure there are a million colors that work.

Old January 6th, 2006, 12:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Craig,
The Phoenix tubes are every bit as good as the Crooked
Creeks.........very similar, in fact. The BPS Mags are (IMO) not even
in the same catagory as CCT, Phoenix, ISG. Some BPS tender tubes (based
on color) are pretty good, but you have to know which colors are salt
impregnated and which have salt sprinkled on them. Phoenix has some
pretty cool names for their colors too. :-)

Jack

~~
Jack Dalzell
www.jdbass.com
www.OutdoorFrontiers.com
~~

Old January 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Now that is the truth!

--
Craig Baugher

Old January 8th, 2006, 12:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

wrote in message
oups.com...
Another way to rig them weedless.
Place a casting sinker inside the tube with the eye of the sinker going
into the tube first. Then take a wide gap hook and texas/texpose rig it
making sure the hook runs through the eye of the sinker. This works
really well because the sinker keeps the hook from pulling out of the
tube and the hook keeps the sinker from pulling out.
If this doesn't make sense, maybe I can post a link to some pictures or
explain a little better.

Back to the original question. I like the Yum vibra tubes and Zoom,
although I picked up some Rattlesnake tubes for $0.62 that look pretty
good. White, pumpkin seed, and watermelon seed have been good to me,
but like Marty said I'm sure there are a million colors that work.

Use a dart head in the tube.

Old January 8th, 2006, 02:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

How do you fish the jigs weedless? Texas Rigged??
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

oups.com...

Old January 8th, 2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Texas rig is one way to fish a tube weedless. So is using a ball jig and
putting it in hook first and poking it through the bottom while leaving
enough room for the head to butt against the nose of the tube and then
skinning the tube to protect the hook point. Or, you can buy ball jigs with
wire weed guards.

--
Craig Baugher