Best method for River Bass in the winter?

Old January 9th, 2006, 06:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Best method for River Bass in the winter?

GL3Loomis wrote:
I think Rodney's idea is good and I find it quite easy to make my own rig.
Mojo sinker, tag elastic (that you can get from any fabric store), and 2
split rings. The rest is a standard dropshot.

I am sure you either did not know my rig was patented,, or you believed
that making something that is patented by someone else was Ok for
personal use,, this is not the case.

Personal use is still patent infringement, you can find this out by
reading the USPO web site, under their FAQ "what is a patent"

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old January 9th, 2006, 06:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

delurk

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 23:50:21 -0600, Rodney Long
wrote:

snip

Making your own is not only illegal, it is unethical, using elastic is
covered under the patent

more snip

Careful Craig, remember what happened to Warren...

search archive....beep beep beedeep beep..ding

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
From: "go-bassn"
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:48:53 -0400
Subject: Commercial posts (was Best plastic bait brand)

Arguing? Not me Vern. Just having a bit of summer dog-day fun. I
think
I'll call my rig "Fruit of the Boom"...

Warren

/delurk
Harry J aka Thundercat
Share the knowledge, compete on execution...
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com
http://secretweaponlures.com
Old January 9th, 2006, 11:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Dave Norton wrote:

Slow down, and when you think your retrieve is slow enough. Slow it down
more. This time of year you basically have to knock em over the head to
get a strike.

Yeah, good advice. I try to work it as slow as possible but river current
makes it difficult. The slow metabolism of the fish this time of year
dictates the slow retrieve, well.. most of time

I was hoping for some new tips for cold water river bass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gadget

http://www.upstateforums.com
http://www.upstateblog.com
Visit Today!!
Old January 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Rodney Long wrote:

That's why the Wiggle rig works so well this time of the year,, you can
slow down to a complete stop, yet still keep your lure moving in that
spot.

Geeze, is your custom rig the answer for everything? rolleyes

I don't need a special rig to stop my bait and make it wiggle.

You a shill for the Flying Lure and Banjo Minnow too? lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gadget

http://www.upstateforums.com
http://www.upstateblog.com
Visit Today!!
Old January 9th, 2006, 02:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"gADgeT" wrote in message
. ..
Dave Norton wrote:

Slow down, and when you think your retrieve is slow enough. Slow it down
more. This time of year you basically have to knock em over the head to
get a strike.

Yeah, good advice. I try to work it as slow as possible but river current
makes it difficult. The slow metabolism of the fish this time of year
dictates the slow retrieve, well.. most of time

I was hoping for some new tips for cold water river bass.

You got smallmouth? Sometimes a crank bait off current breaks by rocks and
bats can surprise you with reaction strikes a faster retrieve than you might
think with the current or quartering casts upstream.
--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old January 9th, 2006, 03:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 06:57:48 -0500, gADgeT
sent into the ether:

Dave Norton wrote:

Slow down, and when you think your retrieve is slow enough. Slow it down
more. This time of year you basically have to knock em over the head to
get a strike.

Yeah, good advice. I try to work it as slow as possible but river current
makes it difficult. The slow metabolism of the fish this time of year
dictates the slow retrieve, well.. most of time

I was hoping for some new tips for cold water river bass.

Snip
Yes and instead you were replied to by what the majority of posters in
this group thinks of as someone whose mother and father failed
completely in teaching him manners, humility, and respect for others.

Please killfile him (I wish everyone would) or ignore him and continue
to post here. Your input is always welcome.

This has been a public service announcement from the Rodney Long
Killfile Assoc. Please feel free to join in at any time. There are
no dues!

Please remmember our motto...
"A jackass killfiled is like a fresh spring day on the water catching
5 lb Bass one after the other".

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old January 9th, 2006, 03:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:

Yes and instead you were replied to by what the majority of posters in
this group thinks of as someone whose mother and father failed
completely in teaching him manners, humility, and respect for others.

The majority of posters in this group ? What, did you call
for a show of hands ? ;-)

Please killfile him (I wish everyone would) or ignore him and continue
to post here. Your input is always welcome.

This has been a public service announcement from the Rodney Long
Killfile Assoc. Please feel free to join in at any time. There are
no dues!

Please remmember our motto...
"A jackass killfiled is like a fresh spring day on the water catching
5 lb Bass one after the other".

Wow, is it cabin fever season already ? If you're going to
advocate ignoring someone it might be a good idea to do so
yourself instead of posting a flame. I mean, can't we all
get along ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Lol Harry, I'd been waiting for the 2006 version of Rodney's Snakeoil
catalog to come out...

I'm a waitin no more!

Warren

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Old January 9th, 2006, 10:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:08:54 -0600, "Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard,
actually Greybeard now" wrote:

Please killfile him (I wish everyone would) or ignore him and continue
to post here. Your input is always welcome.

This has been a public service announcement from the Rodney Long
Killfile Assoc. Please feel free to join in at any time. There are
no dues!

I tried that once, but somehow he just wiggled his way right the f***
back out of there.

..
Old January 9th, 2006, 11:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"gADgeT" wrote in message
Any suggestions guys?

I have a good patterns from warm weather but I can't seem to catch much in
colder weather.

Any suggestions? Maybe a deeper pattern in the current?

Do an internet search for Float n Fly, or maybe one of the guys here can
help you with it. I've heard it's an awesome cold water method, but haven't
had the chance to try it yet. When the water temps are cold, it seems I'm
chasing muskies.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com