FastCat Boats?

Old January 13th, 2006, 02:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default FastCat Boats?

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
news:rLqdnTfZNpC7ClvenZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
On Lk. Erie, if it says 2 - 3 footers, we add 'em up to get the right
size.

Yep, but the scariest thing on Erie is when your skipper on a 28 foot
charter boat takes one look at the horizon and then puts both throttles to
the stop running flat out across across calm water. You can pretty much
count on getting wet before you get into the harbor if you are more than a
couple miles out.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old January 13th, 2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"SimRacer" wrote in message

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...
I'm selling my beloved Cobra this year and I've had some contact with
FastCat Marine. Has anyone heard anything about these boats, good or
bad?

http://www.fastcatmarine.com

Can't comment on the brand Steve, but I did spend 9 hours on a "cat" at
Oregon Inlet on New Years Eve doing some striper fishing (I posted photo
links here, about the 42lb striper) and I can't recall it's brand, but the
model was "Awesome 22", it had twin 115 Suzuki 4 strokers on it. It is a
center console, and had a leaning post/livewell deal in the middle, and
T-top covering the whole helm area.

And I have to say, that I was pleasantly surprised at the ride that a
tunnel
hull produces. Coming off the backs of swells at speed, you could feel the
cushion of air soften the landing on the other side. The day I decide to
get
me a real ocean going boat, I will certainly consider a tunnel/cat hull if
am not in a position to get the Fountain 38' Sportfish Cruiser that I
really
want....

I know that a tunnel hull gives an incredible ride. I sometimes regret
selling the Baker. Since I bought the Bass Cat I have actually had to learn
how to drive. LOL.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old January 13th, 2006, 03:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
But, I'm not going to sacrifice
fishability just to go fast. Fishing is still the reason for having the
boat, but I believe that getting there should be part of the fun too!

Well, I don't know about fishability, but if getting there is part of
the fun, how about doing away with the tow vehicle? 502 HP!

http://www.terrawind.com/spyder.htm

Old January 13th, 2006, 04:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

snip Fishing is still the reason for having the
boat, but I believe that getting there should be part of the fun too!

If you've ever ridden with Steve you know he really,really means it.
blow the horn and floor it !

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"RichZ" wrote in message
news
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
"Chris S" wrote in message

No I have never heard of them but it is a ugly boat ........ sorry
I through you had a couple of buyers??guess not

Oh no, the boat is sold, just waiting for delivery. It's certainly a
different looking boat, a pickle-fork, tunnel hull offshore racing hull
with fishing platforms and livewells! I haven't seen one in person, but
I've heard the construction is second to none and they're extremely
stable in rough water and high speeds. But that's all I've heard.

The fastcat doesn't look like a really aggressive pickle fork. I rode in
one one time that was laid out as a bass boat, and there was 30 inches or
more of sponson sticking out in front of the trolling motor on each side.
That boat made me wonder how tunnels got such a good rep for rough water
ride. It was both rough AND wet. But it sure did fly! I've since ridden
in a few that were much better rides, but they didn't have that
exaggerated fork look.

Yeah, it's not an aggressive forked front end, but a hull design that
originated in racing and has been modified for fishing. I'm still waiting
for the CD that Jerry has sent me. It's supposed to have much more data
on the boat than is listed in the website. I'm not sure that it's the
boat for me, but I'll keep an open mind and weigh all the factors of the
boat. It is interesting, I've always been interested in performance
boats, and from all reports, this IS a high performance boat. But, I'm
not going to sacrifice fishability just to go fast. --
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Old January 13th, 2006, 04:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Jerry,
We have a dealer in Michigan. Why don't you and Steve arrange to take a
look see and talk with some owners.

Chesterfield, MI Area
Tom's Boathouse
28717 William P. Rosso Hwy.
Chesterfield, Michigan, 48047
Phone: 586-421-0227
Fax: 586-421-0227

--
Craig Baugher

Old January 13th, 2006, 12:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Henry Hefner" wrote in message
oups.com...

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
But, I'm not going to sacrifice
fishability just to go fast. Fishing is still the reason for having the
boat, but I believe that getting there should be part of the fun too!

Well, I don't know about fishability, but if getting there is part of
the fun, how about doing away with the tow vehicle? 502 HP!

http://www.terrawind.com/spyder.htm

LOL, if it had better ground clearance, 4 wheel drive and a place to put a
dead deer, I might consider it!

Old January 14th, 2006, 03:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
"Charles B. Summers" charles wrote in message
. ..
BUT STEVE!!!! IT'S 502 HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my truck has 400 horsepower, plus 4 wheel drive, plus I can haul dead
deer, elk and bears! Now, if that car can run over 80 mph on the water, has
a casting deck, livewells and a place to mount a trolling motor, I might be
interested.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

It's 18' 6" long, and 7' wide. Surely they can customize it with a
casting deck, and the rear seat area would accomodate a live well. You
could be the only one out there with an air conditioned/heated cabin!
Add a wet bar with martini's. Shaken, not stirred, of course!

Old January 15th, 2006, 01:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

[...]

Tell you what Henry,

Contact the company and act as my representative. If you can talk them into
it, I'll put the car on the show!