Winston Rod

Old August 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Default Winston Rod

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"JT" wrote in news:g846qp$nb5$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

Could be related to the swelling in your wrist?

That's what I was thinking-- it wasn't swelling, just that the right arm
was freakishly better exercised than the left.

Pin this down, Pirate. My dad was having leg edema problems that the docs
couldn't get on top of. He ended up trying some herbal remedy that he
really thinks worked quite well for him (and he was a pharmacists for his
whole career). I think it might have been dandelion, but I'm not sure.
Ping me if you want me to find out.

If you do go the herbal route, be sure to let your doc know about it.
Some
of these deals are powerful agents you don't want to mix and match with.

--
Scott

You got anything for incessantly sore feet--tarsal tunnel syndrome, Plantar
Fasciitis, Neuropathy.
I can hardly walk some days. Ankles hurt so bad that they won't support my
massive weight.

Op

Old August 15th, 2008, 11:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:01:03 -0400, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

You got anything for incessantly sore feet--tarsal tunnel syndrome, Plantar
Fasciitis, Neuropathy.

Have neuropathy in both feet up beyong the ankles. I take neurotin, a
drug that was originally used for seizures, but works well for nerve
pain. If I do not take it regularly, the pain is similar to what you
would experience if you stepped on a lit cigarette.

Old August 16th, 2008, 01:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

You got anything for incessantly sore feet--tarsal tunnel syndrome, Plantar
Fasciitis, Neuropathy.

Have neuropathy in both feet up beyong the ankles. I take neurotin, a
drug that was originally used for seizures, but works well for nerve
pain. If I do not take it regularly, the pain is similar to what you
would experience if you stepped on a lit cigarette.

Dave

Um, how do you know what it feels like to step on a lit cigarette?

TC,
Old August 18th, 2008, 05:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 15-Aug-2008, Dave LaCourse wrote:

Have neuropathy in both feet up beyong the ankles. I take neurotin, a
drug that was originally used for seizures, but works well for nerve
pain. If I do not take it regularly, the pain is similar to what you
would experience if you stepped on a lit cigarette.

I take Gabarpentin for the same thing
I did take Neurontin
I also take dandelion and milk thistle everyday for circulation

Fred
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 15, 3:01*pm, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:
[...]

Op- Hide quoted text -

I had plantar fascitis. After 3 years of it I tried wearing crocs. Got
rid of it in four weeks. Crocs have been the foot problem solution for
a lot of people I know. $29 bucks. It works for many, not all.

Old August 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 18, 2:47 am, wrote:

I had plantar fascitis. After 3 years of it I tried wearing crocs. Got
rid of it in four weeks. Crocs have been the foot problem solution for

I think I had a bout of it a couple years back, brought on by lots of
walking in a bad pair of shoes. What worked for me was changing my
sleep habits so that my feet weren't pointed out all night. Get them
at a 90-degree angle from your legs and it really helps. I never tried
those funny looking boot thingies, but if I had too I would. On the
bad days I'd wear elastic arch bands, and those helped too.

Sorry nothing to say about flyfishing, 'cept I've never cast a
Winston...

Jon.
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 18, 7:14*am, wrote:
On Aug 18, 2:47 am, wrote:

I had plantar fascitis. After 3 years of it I tried wearing crocs. Got
rid of it in four weeks. Crocs have been the foot problem solution for

I think I had a bout of it a couple years back, brought on by lots of
walking in a bad pair of shoes. What worked for me was changing my
sleep habits so that my feet weren't pointed out all night. Get them
at a 90-degree angle from your legs and it really helps. I never tried
those funny looking boot thingies, but if I had too I would. On the
bad days I'd wear elastic arch bands, and those helped too.

Sorry nothing to say about flyfishing, 'cept I've never cast a
Winston...

Jon.

Yes, ditto on getting the feet at 90 degrees . . . hanging over end of
bed works. It helps lots.

Dave
All this foot stuff is starting to sound like a Willi and Joe cartoon,
(Bill Maudlin?)
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

wrote
All this foot stuff is starting to sound like a Willi and Joe cartoon,
(Bill Maudlin?)

i think that should be "bill mauldin". bill *maudlin* is rw's alter ego.

yfitons
wayno

Old August 18th, 2008, 08:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 18, 12:17*pm, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:
wrote
All this foot stuff is starting to sound like a Willi and Joe cartoon,
(Bill Maudlin?)

i think that should be "bill mauldin". *bill *maudlin* is rw's alter ego.

yfitons
wayno

Right you are. There's a recent re-issue of his Stars and Stripes
cartoons. As close to combat soldiers as he was, Mauldin's stuff never
reflected hate for the average German slogger, except Willi and Joe
did consider it an atrocity when the Jerrys in retreat destroyed
perfecrtly good wine. :-))

Dave
Torturing prisoners is Un-American, ask General Washington