Ping Dave Snedeker

Old August 21st, 2008, 12:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Charlie S.

Default Ping Dave Snedeker

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:11:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Aug 18, 7:24*pm, Charlie S. w5cds (at) arrl (dot) net wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:39:42 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I dunno, Dave. *I don' wanna shuck no Oysters!

http://www.oystermarine.com/#id=29&ref=fleet/29

... :-)

No, no, no. These are the ones with shells, and they taste good.
Although maybe the boat could be useful for "Wrap" parties and as
dressing rooms for the lithe oyster shucking starlets a full
production would demand. That's the ticket.

Dave

Yeah, just had to pull your chain. :-)

When I was young (way back in the dark ages!), we had a boat down at
Kemah (on Clear Lake, which borders Galveston Bay). One weekend,
after the work on the boat was finished, I was wandering the docks and
watched an oyster boat come in. I saw truck after truck load up and
drive away. After a while no more trucks came, the boat left, and I
was alone on the dock with only one of the crew and a pile of oysters
about as tall as I was (I think I was 8 or 9 at the time). I was
staring at that pile of oysters and drooling, I guess, 'cause the
crewman asked me if I like oysters. I nodded. "Wanna borrow my
oyster knife?" I nodded again. He handed me the knife and I sat down
on a bench and started shucking those critters and eating 'em as fast
as I could. I stuffed myself. Don't remember, but I'd have to guess
that I didn't eat much supper that night. :-)

It's nice to have good memories like that dredged up from the distant
past. :-)