Hayling Island

Old May 19th, 2004, 07:18 PM
SEAANGLING

Default Hayling Island

The marks he took us to were very close to shore (to save fuel) and I
heardhim say to his mate that he would put us in some rough water to p*ss us
offso he could get home early.
Sometimes the inshore marks fish better than the offshore ones but some anglers
think that if they don't head over the horizon they're being ripped off. Good
frozen bait can be better than fresh bait and most skippers don't supply bait
unless you order and pay for it. Why would he want to p*** you off, he'd be
better off making you happy and have you come back again. Perhaps he didn't
want you on the boat again!? As I said before, I have personally been out on
all the boats that advertise with me and run from Langstone harbour and they
all try hard and have good, licensed boats. Any others I cannot vouch for.
Cheers, Norman.

Old May 19th, 2004, 08:00 PM
barry.saunders7

hi try MOONSHINE out from langstone ive had some good days out with
him.seems to produce the goods
"reg" wrote in message
Can any body recomend a charter boat from Hayling Island this summer?

Old May 20th, 2004, 10:03 AM
reg

"Derek.Moody" wrote in message
In article , reg
wrote:

"Davy Holt" wrote in message
In article , reg
wrote

Ahh so just cause no one caught a decent fish the boat is crap..

What's
to say the boat was in fact a very good boat but the anglers on board
were crap? You would still get the same result.

Hang on a minute, Some of the people in the boat were in fact very

experienced sea anglers, They said this skipper is not playing the game

..

Experience doesn't mean they were any good.

The marks he took us to were very close to shore (to save fuel) and I

heard

Fuel is one of the smaller costs when running a boat.

him say to his mate that he would put us in some rough water to p*ss us

off
so he could get home early.

What had you done to annoy him?

He only supplied frozen bait

What's wrong with frozen bait? In some cases it's the better choice.

The tackle he supplied for the beginners

was
rubbish

Probably fed up with having decent stuff nicked.

So you had novices on board. The skipper knows he's on a hiding to

nothing.
The beginners are not dressed for or used to more rugged offshore
conditions, there is a class of bigmouthed, experienced but unskilled

angler
that will not be satisfied with a trip suitable for novices and he

probably
knew that conditions had been poor for a few days. Really skilled anglers
who were game for a little experimentation close inshore where the novices
wouls be OK might well have made some unusual though maybe not spectacular
catches.

I've known two skippers take one look at the kit that's being heaved

aboard
and comment on who's going to have a good/bad day before they even start

the
engines. They'll even arrange to come in at slightly different times so

the
crews don't meet on the dockside.

he was just in it for the money he had no interest in us what

so
ever.

All skippers want good, regular anglers. Repeat business means less
advertising costs, and a better reputation results. If he showed no
interest in you then go figure. He did show care though. Those novices
were not subjected to conditions that were beyond them.

Cheerio,

--

Maybe he is a Hayling skipper sounds just like the one we had

Maybe it was
I will have to find out whats the name of your boat Derek?

Old May 20th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , reg
wrote:

I will have to find out whats the name of your boat Derek?

Haven't had one for a while, just afloat with mates/clients atm...

Mind you it's about time I was looking around for another ;-)

Cheerio,

Old May 21st, 2004, 03:52 PM
SEAANGLING

Well you would say that woudnt you

No, I don't have to say that but I do because it's true. Langstone is local to
me and I have used the boats there for over 30 years. There are lots of boats
that advertise with me that I've never been on, mainly due to distance, but I
haven't vouched for them. Having said that, I have in the past removed ads from
boats that I've found are not licenced and if anyone rings me about a boat in
the SAN I will give them an honest opinion, cheers, Norman.