Cagey *******s

Old May 19th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Ray Norrish

Default Cagey *******s

Why is it that whenever anyone asks a question here (and it isn`t just me)
that most people respond with "well I`m catching them here" or "you should
go to the right place" etc..

I get ****ed off with reading here, and worse asking, because I`m fed up
with:
a) Answers from people who don't read the question
b) facious comments about this place/that place etc..

Nobody learns anything here. Look back and find some useful info and I`ll
give you a quid for anything that is of any use. I offer people free use of
my boat if they give me some info about the local scene etc and I get a set
of replies that are totally out of context.

Maybe I should post regarding my sisters sexual habits with our dog might
get a better response?!

I get better info if I talk to local divers than this forum - fisherfolk
just seem to want to keep any useful info to themselves, and nobody seems to
want to divulve any kind of useful info at all.

Is there anyone here who would like to fish perhaps, and share that
knowledge with the group? I`m of the opinion that this isn't the case.

Before I give this group up in disgust, is the

a) Someone here who wants to fish the welsh from my boat and has some local
knowledge
b) Someone who can give some useful info rather than the above

There are some experienced people frequent this NG and I get the distinct
impression they just sit here lording it over the people who are learning or
looking for advice.
Please dispense useful advice or refrain. I`m ****ed off at the whole welsh
angling scene at the moment - it's just not what I`m used to, coming from
Devon. The nwfa site is **** and doesn`t work, no responses from any
messages I`ve sent.

Can't people just share some info..? It's not that difficult.

Hopefully, this can spawn some usefull debate, and something good will
happen!

--
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and

Old May 19th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , Ray Norrish
wrote:
Why is it that whenever anyone asks a question here (and it isn`t just me)
that most people respond with "well I`m catching them here" or "you should
go to the right place" etc..

Cool down.

This is not a help desk.

Both may be correct answers.

This group is no more than an on-line conversation between a bunch of
anglers who happen to have net access. You get the same, patchy, curates egg
type advice and comment as you would get from a similar bunch in a
harbourside pub.

I get ****ed off with reading here, and worse asking, because I`m fed up
with:
a) Answers from people who don't read the question
b) facious comments about this place/that place etc..

And we get plenty of freeloading type questions - very few of them are
framed sensibly so straight answers are rarely useful.

Nobody learns anything here. Look back and find some useful info and I`ll

I do, sometimes. At least four worthwhile marks locally and information
about a run of fish I didn't know about at another. Valuable skate fishing
information, some Irish tuna-trolling advice that's carefully filed away
against future use and a ridiculously simple way to present bait to some
otherwise unreachable mullet (that I ought to have thought out for myself
but that's another matter.) Go take a look through Deja/Google, it's there
for you to find it - and plenty more that may be of use to you even if it
wasn't to me.

give you a quid for anything that is of any use.

Here's for the first quid:

Don't post questions like: How do I catch a Bass off Aber?
If you get any response it'll just be regurgitated standard advice that
you'd see in any book or magazine.
Something like: I saw gulls working over what were probably bass just off
Aber, they were chasing something around on a rising neap from about 400
metres off right up to the beach at times - any suggestions about catching
them?
Might get advice from approaching quietly - whether from the shore or a
boat, to suggestions about live sandeel baits, brit imitating flies and
the possibility of a tope following the bass.

I offer people free use of
my boat if they give me some info about the local scene etc and I get a set
of replies that are totally out of context.

Of course. If you want -local- advice you go to the -local- pub, club or
tackle shop. Here you arr read by people all over the world who happen to
have an interest in UK sal****er fishing. That's why open marks are rarely
posted btw, too many trawler skippers may get to hear the details.

Maybe I should post regarding my sisters sexual habits with our dog might
get a better response?!

No.

There are some experienced people frequent this NG and I get the distinct
impression they just sit here lording it over the people who are learning or
looking for advice.

No. Just fed up with variations on the same old theme. Some of them make
their living by writing btw - they cannot afford to give away the same stuff
for free.

Please dispense useful advice or refrain.

No.

I`m ****ed off at the whole welsh
angling scene at the moment - it's just not what I`m used to, coming from
Devon. The nwfa site is **** and doesn`t work, no responses from any
messages I`ve sent.

There, there. Better now?

Can't people just share some info..? It's not that difficult.

They do. Some of us meet up and fish together too. Some of us know that a
quich search over the archive will reveal the answers to a lot of questions
many of which were never posed.

Cheerio,

Old May 19th, 2004, 09:11 PM
roddytoo

"Ray Norrish" wrote in message
Why is it that whenever anyone asks a question here (and it isn`t just me)
that most people respond with "well I`m catching them here" or "you should
go to the right place" etc..

Fish are hard to find these days. If you do find any, keep quiet, or the
commercial boys will wipe out the stock. We all have to learn from hard
experience, there are few short cuts - the only one I can think of is to go
chartering for a few trips to learn some marks, but don't expect the skipper
to give you his GPS co ordinates, they are his living.

Old May 20th, 2004, 10:40 PM

Hi Ray

Try this site http://www.worldseafishing.com/wales/ and see if it is what
you are after.

I have found this a very useful site.

Would love to come out with you but I live in East Anglia so I don't think
it is practical.

If you ever come to my side of the country you would be more than welcome to
come with me on my boat

Have you tried any other active forums? There are a few about.

Regards

Dave

Old May 24th, 2004, 11:45 AM
k.barrett

or go chartering with a well known skipper and bring a hh gps in ur
box,....hit mark when he the places.....KB.