And you say Bush is dumb.....

Old May 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default And you say Bush is dumb.....

On Fri, 16 May 2008 09:55:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Any complete look at this issue understands that it is a red herring.
First, missing awards and being confused about awards is pretty common
for severely wounded, focused on regaining a sense of the world
outside the horror visited upon them. Cleland even said early in his
recovery and later that the real heroes were other guys and he didn't
deserve the medals. THAT is a very common response from combat
survivors who often remain focused on their dead and missing
comrades.

Cleland did NOT wear the PH when in uniform. He wasn't presented with
one. Yes, he is a highly decorated hero, and I appreciate all he did
for us. But his misuse of the PH is what brought him down. He should
not have done it, listed it on his blog, and in his bio.

Do you remember the CNO who wore a combat V on one of his ribbons when
he did not deserve it? The guy killed himself rather than face the
humility from his peers. There is no difference between that highly
decorated hero and Cleland.

My condition is perfect. PSA still unmeasurable and I have no trouble
with the problems that are normally present after surgery. It has
been 11 years now.

At 70, things are beginning to wear out. I go to physical theorapy
twice a week for my shoulders. Plus, the diebetes pills were doing a
number on my kidneys, so I am now on insulin. Pain in the neck taking
the two shots/day, but it is better than kidney failure. I had a bit
of fun in Miami's Intl. airport coming back from Chile. I "shot up"
in front of the mirrors/sinks. Got some strange looks. d;o)

Be well, Dave

Old May 16th, 2008, 08:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Big Bushkill" wrote in message

Hey guys I get enough fuc al;skdjf politics, from CNN, Fox, and the news
papers. I joined this board to relax and talk fishing.

I have nothing against mixing it up in politics but not here. Get a
life.

Well, there......that should do it.

Now, maybe you could turn your considerable talents in problem solving to
figuring out who is responsible for all your sparkling New Jersey repartee
being posted to a Usenet group whose members had, until recently, gotten
along quite nicely without it, thank you very much.

Wolfgang

Old May 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 May 2008 09:55:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Any complete look at this issue understands that it is a red herring.
First, missing awards and being confused about awards is pretty common
for severely wounded, focused on regaining a sense of the world
outside the horror visited upon them. Cleland even said early in his
recovery and later that the real heroes were other guys and he didn't
deserve the medals. THAT is a very common response from combat
survivors who often remain focused on their dead and missing
comrades.

Cleland did NOT wear the PH when in uniform. He wasn't presented with
one. Yes, he is a highly decorated hero, and I appreciate all he did
for us. But his misuse of the PH is what brought him down. He should
not have done it, listed it on his blog, and in his bio.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Do you remember the CNO who wore a combat V on one of his ribbons when
he did not deserve it? The guy killed himself rather than face the
humility from his peers.

One suspects that he may have misjudged his peers humility.

There is no difference between that highly
decorated hero and Cleland.

Even coming from you this is a particularly vapid argument. I don't know
who either of these people is, but I'll bet 3.462 brazillion dollars I can
find numerous differences between them in a couple of minutes.

My condition is perfect.

One of those positively delightful ambiguities that adds an occasional bit
of spice to what is otherwise a tedious exercise in serial half-wittedness.
I'm sure no one here has any reason to doubt that your condition is
perfect........whatever late stage of decrepitude its abode has attained
lately.

PSA still unmeasurable

And there's another!

and I have no trouble
with the problems that are normally present after surgery. It has
been 11 years now.

So, the sutures are ready to come out?

At 70, things are beginning to wear out.

Some faster than others......but then, they had a headstart.

I go to physical theorapy twice a week for my shoulders.

Maybe you should try not typing with them for a while.

Plus, the diebetes pills were doing a number on my kidneys,

Hm.......you DO know that they weren't suppositories......right?

so I am now on insulin. Pain in the neck taking
the two shots/day,

It would appear that you've set your sights too high.

but it is better than kidney failure.

So's a poke in the eyes with a hot stick, evidently.

I had a bit
of fun in Miami's Intl. airport coming back from Chile. I "shot up"
in front of the mirrors/sinks. Got some strange looks. d;o)

A blind man fat man with a bad perm jabbing needles in his neck in front of
a mirror in an airport rest room.......yeah, that might garner a strange
look or two.....even in Miami.

Be well, Dave

Well, be dave, anyway.

Dave

Ditto

Old May 16th, 2008, 08:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Big Bushkill wrote:
Hey guys I get enough fuc al;skdjf politics, from CNN, Fox, and the news
papers. I joined this board to relax and talk fishing.

I have nothing against mixing it up in politics but not here. Get a
life.

**** off, Jersey Boy. This is roff, if you don't like it
take a hike.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

Big Bushkill wrote in
:

I have nothing against mixing it up in politics but not here. Get a
life.

I notice you're participating from the njflyfishing board. We're
participating from a fifteen year old usenet newsgroup
rec.outdoors.fishing.fly. We have our own rules and style, and are
completely unmoderated. About a decade ago, all the participants sort of
agreed that if it could come up on a fishing trip for discussion, it could
come up here.

Now, for whatever reason, the adminstrators of a fly fishing board have
decided to link all the roff postings to their site, and vice-versa. All
well and good, and we like your company, but we're not likely to change our
rules or habits. Perhaps you should take this up with your board's
moderators, and ask them to review their decision to host roff postings.
If you can't come to an amenable resolution, perhaps that particular board
doesn't suit your style. You can find another. These days, php forums are
a dime a dozen. Just leave the usenet for us fogeys.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...

...we like your company....

No, we don't.

Wolfgang
well, if anybody is going to speak for all of us, it might as well be me.

Old May 16th, 2008, 09:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

"Wolfgang" wrote in
:

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...

...we like your company....

No, we don't.

Wolfgang
well, if anybody is going to speak for all of us, it might as well be
me.

I was shooting for social grace. It was difficult, too. Try typing with
your pinkies extended.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Fri, 16 May 2008 14:00:04 -0400, Big Bushkill
wrote:

Hey guys I get enough fuc al;skdjf politics, from CNN, Fox, and the news
papers. I joined this board to relax and talk fishing.

I have nothing against mixing it up in politics but not here. Get a
life.

Oh, no. Someone is forcing Big to read this thread.

You let me know who forced you to open this thread and read it, Big,
and I will KILL them for you.

Old May 16th, 2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

huh, what.........yawn

ZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Old May 17th, 2008, 12:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Big Bushkill" wrote in message
I have nothing against mixing it up in politics but not here. Get a
life.

--
Big Bushkill

a couple quick suggestions, BB. First, try using your real name, you might
get more respect. Second, look into this group's history and overall
topicality. You might wish to restrain yourself from telling us what we
should or shouldn't do. Thanks in advance.
Tom