Spinning for Perch

Old April 10th, 2006, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

Default Spinning for Perch

Hi

What kind of lures would people recommend for spinning for Perch? I used to
use Droppens many years ago. Thoughts?

xiv

Old April 10th, 2006, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

louisxiv wrote:
Hi
What kind of lures would people recommend for spinning for Perch? I
used to use Droppens many years ago. Thoughts?
xiv

Mepps and Ondex spinners seem to be the weapon of choice where I fish on the
Thames and round the weir pools.

Had a 4lb perch last summer on the smallest of the mepps spinners (can't
remember is size number).

Also fun for picking up the occasional jack pike and chub (when they're in
the mood).

Cheerz - Brownz

--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/

Old April 10th, 2006, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

"Brownz @ Work" wrote in message
louisxiv wrote:
Hi
What kind of lures would people recommend for spinning for Perch? I
used to use Droppens many years ago. Thoughts?
xiv

Mepps and Ondex spinners seem to be the weapon of choice where I fish on
the Thames and round the weir pools.

Had a 4lb perch last summer on the smallest of the mepps spinners (can't
remember is size number).

Also fun for picking up the occasional jack pike and chub (when they're in
the mood).

Cheerz - Brownz

I'll go along with that, or you can always try chucking sinking fluff for
perch.

--
Don't go chasing crocks of gold,
or you will miss seeing the rainbows

www.eric-gales.co.uk
Updated 01/11/05

Old April 10th, 2006, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

In article , louisxiv
wrote:
Hi

What kind of lures would people recommend for spinning for Perch? I used to
use Droppens many years ago. Thoughts?

I had two over 2lb spinning for pike one afternoon - on Mepps #5

Lots of fun with any bright wet-fly/lure but avoid too small flies or spoons
with trebles as hungry perch can take them deep.

Cheerio,

Old April 10th, 2006, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

louisxiv wrote:
Hi
What kind of lures would people recommend for spinning for Perch? I
used to use Droppens many years ago. Thoughts?
xiv

Mepps and Ondex spinners seem to be the weapon of choice where I
fish on the Thames and round the weir pools.

Had a 4lb perch last summer on the smallest of the mepps spinners
(can't remember is size number).

Also fun for picking up the occasional jack pike and chub (when
they're in the mood).

Cheerz - Brownz

I'll go along with that, or you can always try chucking sinking fluff
for perch.

The chalet & boat you hire at Potter Heigham, do you have any details for
that Eric ?

--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/

Old April 12th, 2006, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

Ergo wrote:
Herbert Woods 01603 782207 or 01692 670711
There are other places as well. just chuck it into google.

Ta, I did, but I'd rather start with a recomendation than a google !

--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/

Old April 12th, 2006, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

news

Ergo wrote:
Herbert Woods 01603 782207 or 01692 670711
There are other places as well. just chuck it into google.

Ta, I did, but I'd rather start with a recomendation than a google !

Then go with Herbert Woods then. You are handy for bait as Latham's is just
across the road. There is a pub just the other side of the road as well.