Pellet pump

Old June 19th, 2006, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

Default Pellet pump

Hi all

Just bought a pellet pump and 6mm expandable pellets

Query is this

After putting in the pellets and water and pumping out the air
How long do I leave the pellets before releasing the vacuum

Tony

Old June 19th, 2006, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

I usually leave it for a couple of minutes but I use hot water not cold
which is probably absorbed faster. Another useful tip, particularly if
you are going to use them with a waggler, is to buy some packets of
gelatin from the local supermarket or grocer. Add the hot water from
the kettle to the pump and dissolve a sachet of gelatin in it. Once
thoroughly disolved, add the pellets, pump out the air and after
allowing to stand for a couple of minutes drain off the water and tip
the pellets out onto kitchen roll. This takes off the surplus water.
Once cool you can put the pellets into plastic chinese take-away boxes
and store in freezer until you need them.

The benefit of adding the gelatin - and any flavouring you may want - is
that the pellets stay on the hook better as it 'jellifies' the pellets
and if you do happen to leave them in the water for too long the effects
are mitigated by the galatin.

Hope this helps - tell me how you get on.

Peter

--
Peter Cliff
Publishing Editor

Fisheries.co.uk protects its systems to ensure
incoming and outgoing e-mails are virus free.
However, we advise you to run your own virus check
before opening attachments.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

"Peter Cliff" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Peter

thanks for this I will try it the next time I go out

regards

Tony