Steve Huber - Lure Question

Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:19 AM
GL3Loomis

Default Steve Huber - Lure Question

You're a big pike and muskie angler, so I know you use some mighty big
lures. So here's my question: Was is the biggest lure you have used for
Muskie that caught a BIG smallie and what was it?

Reason for my question: Ice out is just around the corner, and St. Clair's
BIG GIRLS are going to being going in action. I have thrown triple skirted
1-ounce jigs with #1 pork chunks, but my biggest out of St. Clair in the
spring was near 8-pounds (actually thought it was carp at first - cause it
went deep and stayed down until the last few feet). I just know there are a
few real monster smallies hanging out in them waters and thinking a big o'
muskie lure just might be the trick to pulling one out. Even thought a big
Salt-water tube might be the answer. So what you think my man?

--
Craig

Old February 2nd, 2005, 11:48 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"GL3Loomis" wrote in message
You're a big pike and muskie angler, so I know you use some mighty big
lures. So here's my question: Was is the biggest lure you have used for
Muskie that caught a BIG smallie and what was it?

***The two biggest lures that I've caught smallmouth on have been the
Fudally Reef Hawg (http://www.fudallytackle.com/reefhawg.htm) in the 10"
size and one of the prototype 1 1/2 oz. Secret Weapons. The Reef Hawg was a
perch color and the Secret Weapon was colored in Firetiger. Seeing a
pattern emerge?

Another pike/muskie lure that I've caught a fair amount of bass on is the
Jake Lure by Musky Mania Tackly Co. in the 6" size.
http://muskymania.com/productsJake.php Guess what color? If you said
perch, you won a cigar!

Reason for my question: Ice out is just around the corner, and St.
Clair's BIG GIRLS are going to being going in action. I have thrown
triple skirted 1-ounce jigs with #1 pork chunks, but my biggest out of St.
Clair in the spring was near 8-pounds (actually thought it was carp at
first - cause it went deep and stayed down until the last few feet). I
just know there are a few real monster smallies hanging out in them waters
and thinking a big o' muskie lure just might be the trick to pulling one
out. Even thought a big Salt-water tube might be the answer. So what you
think my man?

***I don't see why it wouldn't work. Big fish are capable of eating big
prey.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com