Snit

Old September 17th, 2009, 04:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Default Snit

There are some wonderful & nice people on this list and I suspect that you
are one of them
Also w your posts from another fishing list
I am sorry if the post offended you (in any way) you but that is not your
point. and your point(s)are very well expressed and taken- Thanks

Why one would go around calling people morons and imbeciles is beyond my
comprehension
We did that kind of crap when we were 11
Why someone ha to be obnoxious , needling and degrading people is far beyond
my comprehension. but that seems to be the tone here.
I did not start it and unfortunately I had to wade thru it here myself
Being an obnoxious jerk or creep an "art" form
I think not!
But graffiti has become art
I still detest it

There are a few - and you know who they are - I even like some of them - who
when asked a normal civil question
will come back with an extremely nasty retort.
I suspect that MANY people have been chased away by this.
I do not think that ROFF is growing and being infused w some novel ideas by
new members
After a few retorts - they are outta here
I never understood why, esp as we have something in common a love for the
outdoors and fishing
- but - I never understood wars and killing and maiming people and
destroying our planet so I am resigned to realize that's what humans do.
I can see it here as a microcosm.
Look at the Todd posts
Notbob must be gone
How many people have you seen asking legit ??'s and then being flamed off
the list
and of course you have the nut cake MC and his wars w the evil Fortenberry
and LaCourse empire -
I like those 2 guys but they are involved in a lot of flame wars

I wish it was not so on this list
I left in disgust a few times

I belong to quite a few other lists and besides this one the only crap I see
is on the Mets BB group & that's usually a bunch of rude NYers and the Mets
really suck.
My music, audio and even boxing? groups are unbelievably helpful and
friendly.

Then of course - politics- There is more of that on this list than any
others
It was esp bad b4 the election as I think everyone was running scared and
they still might be (for good reason)
This popped up and was quickly quashed on some lists.
I have killefiled a goat and a beancounter - I like it that way but
unfortunately I see it mirrored in some responses
I know that I can choose not to read them

But enough
Thanks - again Your main point is taken

" anyway fred/sam, i hope if you do meet wolfgang on a river somewhere,
before you bait your hook, you'll take a deep breath, extend a hand, and
ask about the fishing. i think the response you get might be surprising
and educational. no doubt, the fly he'll suggest will be a pass lake.

That would be quite interesting.

Fred

PS Sam Bush is a superior bluegrass and folk mandolinist

Old September 17th, 2009, 04:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 16, 6:06*pm, "Fred" wrote:

I read quite alot,

Whew boy!....wish I could say the same.

listen to a LOT of diverse music

Well, there ya go, that's about as good a disinterested testimonial as
anyone could reasonably ask for.

and stay current w films

Good grief, is there no end to the man's humanitarian accomplishments?

- I have been educated quite well -

You and davie (no, not that one, the one with all the ancestors) and
the diminutive member. The rest of us have just had to make do.

thank you

You're welcome.

All the words I used have been in common parlance and on thjis list way
before me and before I joined

Whereas the rest of us deal only in neologisms which, it must be
admitted, has made anything resembling mutual comprehensibility
literally impossible.

The tone of this listy has been already set by some fools inluding this jerk

Heh, heh, heh.

You are obviously friends w this pig - er goat -

Well, he's said so explicitly. I guess that would make it something
very like obvious.

but I *would not " **** on him if he were on fire"

But would you hold your breath waiting to be asked? Please?

His snide and nasty comments to MANY on this list - disgust me

You're a liar.

If I met him on a river - I would use him as bait!

Similar sentiments have been expressed on many occasions. It ain't
happened yet. Frankly, I hope we never meet. But if we should,
threats of physical violence will not be forgotten.

Sam Bush

Idiot.

g.

Old September 17th, 2009, 12:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:15 -0400, jeff wrote:

Fred wrote:

I read quite alot, listen to a LOT of diverse music and stay current w
films - I have been educated quite well - thank you
All the words I used have been in common parlance and on thjis list way
before me and before I joined
The tone of this listy has been already set by some fools inluding this jerk

You are obviously friends w this pig - er goat - but I would not " **** on
him if he were on fire"
His snide and nasty comments to MANY on this list - disgust me
If I met him on a river - I would use him as bait!

Sam Bush

fred or sam... though my note was in response to wolfgang, i'll answer
your statements.

while you may have assumed i was speaking about you directly, i wasn't.
i'll admit the maureen dowd post was an oblique comment about your
silly profanity.

i don't know you. i don't know what you read, what you watch on teevee,
what movies you like, or what your educational level might be. we
haven't met yet. i reckon we share an interest in fishing to the extent
it's discussed here, but i don't know much about your fishing either.

your unimaginative profanity might be the tone you think is appropriate
or customary here...and perhaps it is... the method, tone, and quality
of your delivery is primitive and trite. maybe that was your intent or
ambition.

in my opinion, based solely on what i've read here, your style of
commentary belies your claims of education and sophistication. no
problem, except for your proclamation otherwise. you might be the most
intelligent person here, but to me, so far, your writing doesn't support
the possibility.

until you actually meet someone who posts here, their writing is all you
have. i guess it's fair to use someone's written words in this forum to
decide how you'll deal with that person if you ever actually meet him.
you have to admit, every judgment and thought you've had about wolfgang
is based solely on what you've read, on your perception and
interpretation of the words you've read, and not on any personal contact
or interaction.

while i disagree with wolfgang's methods of making his points, and have
said so, you have to admit he at least keeps it interesting...and at
times it's even quite amusing. i don't remember an instance of him
calling you or anyone else a "****ing creep" "goat****", "human turd" or
an "obnoxious asshole dick" (rw, that one still has me puzzled).

"So goat boy **** you and **** off! plonk" and similar outbursts don't
reveal an educated wit, conversational ability, or even maturity in
dealing with someone you've never met but with whom you disagree. it
really is "teevee" behavior, isn't it? only, not even of that quality.

"imbecile", "idiot" "moron"...those seem to be wolfgang's most
frequently used offensive ad hominems.(he did use "asshole" in a
humorous retort to "hambone") i don't like the use of those words
either, but they are qualitatively different than "****ing creep". he
uses a more literate (though at times verbose) method to poke at soft
spots til they are painful, even the soft spots of his friends.

i am wolfgang's friend within the limits of our geographical distance
and infrequent contact. i hope i am similarly a friend to others i've
been able to meet on roff. as with the others i have met, the seed of
the friendship with wolfgang was planted here...for me, at least. still,
it didn't ripen until after several very pleasant fishing adventures and
time shared. i've enjoyed his wit, wisdom, generosity, and kindness on
more than one occasion. i'm better for the experience and appreciative
for things he's patiently shown and taught me.

we don't and won't always agree. that's not a requirement for
friendship, and would be boring and stale. i admit i dislike the poking
as much as the next person, but sometimes it rightly gets my attention,
exposes something, and makes me think. i like that.

anyway fred/sam, i hope if you do meet wolfgang on a river somewhere,
before you bait your hook, you'll take a deep breath, extend a hand, and
ask about the fishing. i think the response you get might be surprising
and educational.

For whatever reason, your reply and Tim's reply to you appeared as responses to
another thread, or I would have probably not seen them. Contrary to what I'm
sure he believes, I rarely read either Wolfgang's posts/replies or any part of
threads that consist mainly of him and one other person in a cascade of replies.
And have not for the last coupla-few years - on the rare occasion that I have
bothered, be it a direct reply to me or a somewhat-randomly chosen reply to
someone else, it's the same general response. And the reason is that I find him
about as "interesting," "amusing," and "sophisticated" as a small glass of skim
milk and a slice of Wonder bread with the crust removed. And while I've no
doubt he is somewhat self-educated, I've also no doubt he believes himself to be
much more educated and intelligent than the facts demonstrate. While he may
fancy himself a finely-crafted, keenly-honed scalpel, he seemed little more than
a crudely-made swing blade with sharp-but-weak edge roughly ground on, or,
little more than a cut-and-paster of another's material.

And unless he has markedly changed in the last few years versus the prior few
years, I suspect that the reason he is only so "insulting" is the nagging fear
that, er, his mouth might write a check that his ass can't cover. That said,
I'm not sure, that among adult men in a "place" like ROFF, "idiot," "moron,"
and/or "imbecile" are any less silly, offensive or useful than "asshole,"
"obnoxious asshole dick," or "mother****ing son of a bitch" (and "goat****,"
least, makes _some_ sense when directed at a supposedly-educated, interesting
adult person who uses a handle like "giles goatboy" on a FFing group). If you
wish to test it, all you need are a couple of rough roadhouses - unless your
part of the woods has also changed remarkably, you should be able to find a
couple fairly easily. Walk into one about midnight on Friday, find the biggest,
meanest customer in the place (of whatever gender...) and call them an idiot
moron imbecile. When you heal, do the same thing in a different place, but call
them a ****in' asshole. Then compare hospital bills. Oh, sure, there may be
some minor differences based on style - for example, one may kick you in the
repeatedly in the head with steel-toed boots, whereas the other might simply
slice you up with a Buck or barlow, but given the health-care costs nowadays,
the bills oughta both be right on up there.

OTOH, with good ol' goofy Fred, his heart seems to be in the right place and if
nothing else, at least he's interesting.

The above in mind, I certainly assign nothing particular negative to anyone who
disagrees with me about Wolfgang (or really, much of anything else open to such
broad, subjective opinion...) - as always, YMMV, and that's why there's, um,
skim milk and crustless white bread and, well, actual food....

no doubt, the fly he'll suggest will be a pass lake.

How interesting, sophisticated and imaginative of him...

jeff

Old September 17th, 2009, 02:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Fred wrote:

[...]

jeff- Hide quoted text -

g.
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 17-Sep-2009, wrote:

OTOH, with good ol' goofy Fred, his heart seems to be in the right place
and if
nothing else, at least he's interesting.

Thanks
Its only your political posts I don't like but thats OK
I cant stop the political posting
We were all running scared before the election and we still are
What a world ? - which is why I fish - Not really for the fish but for the
wonderful places that you can go to pursue them
I care less about catching them - tho I do get my share

I find him
about as "interesting," "amusing," and "sophisticated" as a small glass of
skim
milk and a slice of Wonder bread with the crust removed. And while I've
no
doubt he is somewhat self-educated, I've also no doubt he believes himself
to be
much more educated and intelligent than the facts demonstrate. While he
may
fancy himself a finely-crafted, keenly-honed scalpel, he seemed little
more than
a crudely-made swing blade with sharp-but-weak edge roughly ground on, or,
little more than a cut-and-paster of another's material.

Re goat or wolf
I find him to be a cretinous jerk
It probably does stem from insecurity and I can see why - but I don't care
Grown men do not act this way and stay healthy!

I remember a post a year ago from rw about Wofie and an Idaho bar
I then also invited him to a Montana bar to try his verbal jousting skills -

I doubt that he would emerge unscathed

But again enough - I would prefer to killfile and forget the fool and
I must say that your post is great

Fred
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey

In message
,
Giles writes
For one thing, this country is no longer all that new. At two hundred
years plus as a free and unified nation (not to mention another
century or so as a de facto semi-independent state) it is older than
most such social, political and economic entities on the planet.

Why not act like a citizen of such a place then!
--
Bill Grey

Old September 18th, 2009, 02:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2009-09-17 15:30:55 -0400, Bill Grey said:

In message
,
Giles writes
For one thing, this country is no longer all that new. At two hundred
years plus as a free and unified nation (not to mention another
century or so as a de facto semi-independent state) it is older than
most such social, political and economic entities on the planet.

Why not act like a citizen of such a place then!

Ewwwww! That's gonna leave a mark.

Old September 18th, 2009, 03:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

wrote:

[...]

he may...but i doubt your assessment is valid. "seeming" and "being"
aren't the same. your work here makes that plain enough. as best i can
cipher from your writings and the responses you generate from other
intelligent/educated folks, you're probably about as misunderstood as
wolfgang. different style...but frequently just as off-putting... and
just as interesting.

[...]

yeah...well, that was helpful.

jeff

i suspect you know the purpose of the post to fred. it wasn't to convert
him or anyone else...
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:08:22 -0400, jeff wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Hey, like I said - I don't expect anyone to agree with me, nor do I begrudge
those who do not. And for what it may be worth, I'm about like, in real life,
like I am on ROFF, at least if you don't make presumptions about things - and
I'm not saying you are...or aren't. I'll pretty much treat one as they treat me
- I really don't get what I'd call truly ****ed-off, and I'll screw around with
the best of 'em, but if someone feels the need to act the ass and really show a
full tailspread, and well, it is what it is...where it leads is where it
leads...

And as an aside, I thought about my post, and actually, I think most would
consider being called "a moron" or "idiot" as more offensive than being called
an "asshole." What I mean is that I wouldn't call a friend (or acquaintance) "a
moron," but I would easily and jokingly call them "an asshole," and IME, most
guys are about the same. IOW, "moron" isn't something folks use when
good-naturedly screwing around, but the more profane _sounding_, um, terms of
endearment are regularly used. Again, YMMV...

[...]

Please note I did not say "HTH"...take that for what you will...

jeff

i suspect you know the purpose of the post to fred. it wasn't to convert
him or anyone else...

As I said, I wasn't following the thread - which, oddly, your immediate reply
appeared under what I guess was the original thread, "Snit...", as a reply to my
reply under the other thread. I didn't read your first reply to Fred, so I
can't and won't guess as to what it meant.

OK, HTH,