rigging grubs

Old March 19th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Pat_RI

Default rigging grubs

I am looking to try using grubs this year and I was wondering when to use
the different types of jigs such as football, standup, or round. Also what
brand names should I look at using or are cabelas or bass pro just as good?

Old March 19th, 2005, 03:37 AM

Grubs are a good bait and I use the single tails mostly swimming them on
a dart head style jig head. For bottom bounceing I like the banana style
jig head with various colored skirts and a double tailed grub. We have
several sources of people pouring plastics here in CA and I go with the
locals they have a better handle what works for the water here. I
usually take two 3600 Plano boxes full of grubs with me while fishing,
gives me a good selection of sizes and colors. Good luck bassin'..

sket

Old March 19th, 2005, 02:25 PM
alwaysfishking

Cabelas has a jig head called the living eye jig, white with red eye is my
favorite. Just started throwing jigs more last year and plan to throw a
bunch more this year. The berkely twin tail 4 inch bungee grubs work well,
especially white and black. I like round head jigs when fishing wood and
such and prefer the musroom and football style heads when fishing rocks JMO

Old March 19th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Bob La Londe

You know.. if you are going to swim them there isn't much that beats an
appropriate sized hook on a t-rig. One of my fishing partners fishes them
on a EWG Z-bend hook all the time. He switches back and forth from flipping
them to swimming them.

--
** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com