Scottish Sea Loch Fishing

Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:54 AM
The Researcher

Default Scottish Sea Loch Fishing

I am going on holiday to the NW Scotland area in late May 04, Kyle of
Lochalsh, Isle of Skye, Loch Long (Ross-shire) and intend fishing in
the area.

I haven't had any fishing experience since around 1982 when I fished
on the sea Loch Caolisport also on the west coast of Scotland. At that
time I was guided by my father and used his rods and tackle. On that
occasion I recall he made only a couple of catches and I had no
success, we both used spinners/lures.

This is the first trip with fishing potential that I have made since
then, now with my wife. We are keen to use the time we have between
visiting the local historical sites and scenic attractions to make the
most of any opportunity for fishing that we can.

We have 2 very cheap match rods (unused) and I have just purchased a
Leeda 2XL Multiplier Beach Rod with line from my wife's catalogue
(awaiting delivery so I don't know Breaking strain etc). I also have a
selection of about 10 cheap lures/plugs/spoons that I bought at the
same time as the match rods.

On a visit to my local tackle shop I was advised to buy a 2 Hook
Flapper Rig, 2 Hook 1 Up 1 Down No1s Rig, 3 Hook Match Rig, 2
Eddystone EEL 5 Red 2 lures, Elastic Cotton and a Zip Slider Sea Boom,
I also bought 2x1/2 Oz and 2x3Oz weights, and a disgorger.

I have acquired a few books from my local library and have bought "A
Concise Encyclopedia of Fishing" from my local supermarket (excellent
value at UKP £2.49).

I am VERY limited for further funds regarding purchasing additional
fishing equipment and would appreciate any advice regarding how to use
what I have now bought to maximum effect.

I stress that I would prefer to stick to sea loch and beach fishing
since I don't want to have the expense and trouble of permits for
fresh water lochs or rivers or boat hire and boat rods etc.

Thank's
TR
Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:57 AM
Sam Salmon

Scottish Salmon stocks have been decimated by disease that can be
traced to Farmed Fish escapees-haven't you heard?
There is almost nothing left to catch nowadays.
Of course the Tackle Shop won't tell you that will they!
Better you should save your money and not be disappointed.