Portable chair

Old April 22nd, 2011, 02:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Guy[_2_]

Default Portable chair

Gentleman,
As the years catch up, it is more of an inconvenience to sit down and
get back up when re-rigging. I find myself looking for a rock, clump
of high grass, log or little hill to sit on so I don't end up sitting
directly on the ground. Before I go to the lab and invent some type of
folding, adjustable, tripod chair I can carry along on my back, I was
hoping some of you older farts (I mean fishers)(no...anglers) may have
a portable device you use and might share with me (toilets are a bit
heavy to carry on my back...for any wise crackers whom I doubt there
are many on ROFF)
Most Sincerely,
Guy
Old April 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Don Phillipson[_3_]

"Guy" wrote in message

Before I go to the lab and invent some type of
folding, adjustable, tripod chair I can carry along on my back, I was
hoping some of you older farts (I mean fishers)(no...anglers) may have
a portable device you use and might share with me

There is now a large variety of light folding seats, from the Shooting
Stick of 1900, which has no back support, to canvas chairs to
provide back support in canoes. Vendors include Abercrombie
& Fitch, Hammacher Schlemmer, and perhaps Orvis and L.L. Bean
for all I know. Local outdoor stores are less likely to carry more
than a single type, and they vary a lot.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old April 22nd, 2011, 06:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Apr 22, 6:14*am, Guy wrote:
Gentleman,
As the years catch up, it is more of an inconvenience to sit down and
get back up when re-rigging. I find myself looking for a rock, clump
of high grass, log or little hill to sit on so I don't end up sitting
directly on the ground. Before I go to the lab and invent some type of
folding, adjustable, tripod chair I can carry along on my back, I was
hoping some of you older farts (I mean fishers)(no...anglers) may have
a portable device you use and might share with me (toilets are a bit
heavy to carry on my back...for any wise crackers whom I doubt there
are many on ROFF)
Most Sincerely,
Guy

I have considered "inventing" a combo wading staff/ seat to make
being in the stream waiting for a hatch more comfortable I'd call the
Trout Hunter ( if Rene didn't sue me )

it would borrow ideas from some of these

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3803267...Types&var=sbar
Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-04-22 13:00:50 -0400, Larry L said:

I have considered "inventing" a combo wading staff/ seat to make
being in the stream waiting for a hatch more comfortable I'd call the
Trout Hunter ( if Rene didn't sue me

Hey, you could sell that at Penns Creek, PA. I have seen many
fishermen "waiting for the hatch" while I nymphed and caught lots of
fish. They seemed uncomfortable, sitting on the grass and rocks
twiddling their thumbs and waiting, waiting, waiting..................
d;o)

Dave
(Sorry, Tom. Couldn't resist.)

Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Google portable chairs. Lots of stuff out their for cheap bucks.

Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-04-22 16:40:49 -0400, D. LaCourse said:

Google portable chairs. Lots of stuff out their for cheap bucks.

Dave

Out "there". So easy to make missteaks on ruff.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

They
seemed uncomfortable, sitting on the grass and rocks twiddling their
thumbs and waiting, waiting, waiting.................. d;o)

Dave
(Sorry, Tom. Couldn't resist.)

not uncomfortable, unless a bit of gas was passing. After the old farts
got done screwing up the water with nymphs, things would get down to
business and the big fish came out to play. You should have been thereg.
Tom
Old April 23rd, 2011, 02:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Guy[_2_]

On Apr 22, 12:00*pm, Larry L wrote:
On Apr 22, 6:14*am, Guy wrote:

[...]

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3803267...PriceItemTypes....

Thanks.
Don't know Trout Hunter, but this kinda looks like it might do the
trick. (need a guarantee the thing wouldn't give me a surprise
colonoscopy)
Guy
Old April 23rd, 2011, 02:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Apr 22, 6:25*pm, Guy wrote:

Don't know Trout Hunter, but this kinda looks like it might do the
trick. (need a guarantee the thing wouldn't give me a surprise
colonoscopy)
Guy

My post was missing some punctuation and words and didn't parse
well ...forget the trout hunter part

An AKC representative used to bring one to field trials all the time
and his seemed to work for him ( mushy land at worst, not in the
water ). That is my only personal experience with it.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 03:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Apr 22, 8:14*am, Guy wrote:
Gentleman,
As the years catch up, it is more of an inconvenience to sit down and
get back up when re-rigging. I find myself looking for a rock, clump
of high grass, log or little hill to sit on so I don't end up sitting
directly on the ground. Before I go to the lab and invent some type of
folding, adjustable, tripod chair I can carry along on my back, I was
hoping some of you older farts (I mean fishers)(no...anglers) may have
a portable device you use and might share with me (toilets are a bit
heavy to carry on my back...for any wise crackers whom I doubt there
are many on ROFF)
Most Sincerely,
Guy

Something like this that sits on top of a wading staff?
http://www.grasshopperproducts.com/products.php See the "SeatMaster"
at the bottom of the page.
Frank Reid