Ping: Joe McIntosh

Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Default Ping: Joe McIntosh

Hey, Joe. I received your box of flies in today's mail. Thank you
very much. And, if you have no objections, I will put one of the soft
hackle wets in my fly box. Whomever tied them did a great job. They
*will* catch fish. I haven't seen that tie before, but I have a hunch
it will fool a trout or salmon. I'll probably copy it.

The remainder of the trout flies, and the terrestrials will go to Whit
Carter of Lakewood Camps. He'll save them and use them next year on
the "Healing Waters" program put together for wounded vets. They will
be put to good use. You sent a very nice jack-knife (??). I'll give
that to Whit and he can do whatever with it. Nice knife.

Again, thank you. Beer's on me when next we meet! And if it's at the
Milheim, lobster too. d;o)

Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

On 8/2/2011 4:04 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:
Hey, Joe. I received your box of flies in today's mail. Thank you very
much. And, if you have no objections, I will put one of the soft hackle
wets in my fly box. Whomever tied them did a great job. They *will*
catch fish. I haven't seen that tie before, but I have a hunch it will
fool a trout or salmon. I'll probably copy it.

The remainder of the trout flies, and the terrestrials will go to Whit
Carter of Lakewood Camps. He'll save them and use them next year on the
"Healing Waters" program put together for wounded vets. They will be put
to good use. You sent a very nice jack-knife (??). I'll give that to
Whit and he can do whatever with it. Nice knife.

Again, thank you. Beer's on me when next we meet! And if it's at the
Milheim, lobster too. d;o)

Dave

I should add that my box arrived as well, last week while on vacation.
Thank you, Joe....I will be forwarding the enclosed materials for Bruce
to use with the Total Outdoors program. I did retain the package marked
for 'use by Tom', thanks!

Tom