i dont know any of you people, but....

Old September 16th, 2011, 09:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
mallard

Default i dont know any of you people, but....

i tried to learn fly fishing last year.

i watched a couple youtube videos, got a rod and reel and went to a
pond next to southford falls.

it was at dusk, I cut the point off of one fly and started winging it
along

i could see the trout leaping out of the water here and there

eventually, i screwed up, fell over and tied on a real fly

from there, i thought..."hmmm, maybe ill try the pool at the top of
the falls"

so i go over there, make one perfect cast and WHOOM! a large trout
grabs it as soon as it hits the water and i have him hooked

i was all "OMG! I dont even have a net!"

i walked over to the side and he wiggled off the hook

good thing too since I hadnt picked up my fishing license yet

i estimate he was about 14"
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
john b

"mallard" wrote in message

i tried to learn fly fishing last year.

i watched a couple youtube videos, got a rod and reel and went to a
pond next to southford falls.

it was at dusk, I cut the point off of one fly and started winging it
along

i could see the trout leaping out of the water here and there

eventually, i screwed up, fell over and tied on a real fly

from there, i thought..."hmmm, maybe ill try the pool at the top of
the falls"

so i go over there, make one perfect cast and WHOOM! a large trout
grabs it as soon as it hits the water and i have him hooked

i was all "OMG! I dont even have a net!"

Hi Mallard....
You like ducks?

john