Snit

Old September 15th, 2009, 09:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Default Snit

On 14-Sep-2009, Giles wrote:

Ah! The kennie gambit! Cover your eyes and shriek: YOU CAN'T SEE
ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU
CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE
ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU
CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE
ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME!

Yours truly
Wolfgang the creep

Creep city!
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 15, 3:07*pm, "Fred" wrote:
On 14-Sep-2009, Giles wrote:

Ah! *The kennie gambit! *Cover your eyes and shriek: YOU CAN'T SEE
ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU
CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE
ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU
CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE
ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME! *YOU CAN'T SEE ME!

Yours truly
Wolfgang the creep

Creep city!

Plonker ain't working real well, huh?

Imbecile.

g.
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 15-Sep-2009, Giles wrote:

Plonker ain't working real well, huh?

You are right It was not working - but now it is!
You bore me w your ****
**** you and **** off creep

Over and out

Captain Video
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 15, 9:35*pm, "Fred" wrote:
On 15-Sep-2009, Giles wrote:

Plonker ain't working real well, huh?

You are right It was not working - but now it is!

Hm......when is "now" exactly?

You bore me w your ****

Nah, I frighten you.

**** you and **** off creep

Well, there ya go with the homoerotic ideation again. You've been
taking lessons from stevie, ainna?

Over and out

Buh bye.

Captain Video

ooh!

g.
Old September 16th, 2009, 12:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Fred wrote:
On 15-Sep-2009, Giles wrote:

Plonker ain't working real well, huh?

You are right It was not working - but now it is!
You bore me w your ****
**** you and **** off creep

Over and out

Captain Video

"But partly due to the Internet, the standards of behavior in this new
country are terrible." maureen dowd
Old September 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 16, 6:16*am, jeff wrote:
Fred wrote:
On 15-Sep-2009, Giles wrote:

Plonker ain't working real well, huh?

You are right It was not working - but now it is!
You bore me w your ****
**** you and **** off creep

Over and out

Captain Video

"But partly due to the Internet, the standards of behavior in this new
country are terrible." *maureen dowd

I'm not familiar with Ms. Dowd. Will have to look her up. Meanwhile,
it would be easy to suggest that she has a keen eye for the
inescapable, but.....

For one thing, this country is no longer all that new. At two hundred
years plus as a free and unified nation (not to mention another
century or so as a de facto semi-independent state) it is older than
most such social, political and economic entities on the planet. Of
course, sans context, we must allow the possibility that she had
something else in mind in using the term "new country." More
importantly, I'm not at all sure that standards of behavior have
decayed as radically as she and so many others suggest. What HAS
changed, beyond a doubt, is the admixture of social settings in which
various sets of standards of behavior apply and in which deviation
from those standards are tolerated to one degree or another.

Long distance communications have always have always, and for obvious
reasons, ensured that immediate consequences of bad behavior are
attenuated.....minimized, or at least delayed. As technology has
allowed ever more and ever more varied means of long distance
dialogue, people have become ever more likely to engage in ever more
bad behavior as they realize that their repondents are, for the most
part, people they will likely never meet face to face and have to
answer to.

Of course, it seems impossible that none of this would spill over into
face to face encounters as well, and a casual survey of the evidence
suggests rather strongly, as Ms. Dowd and so many other have observed,
that it certainly does. But Americans, like most others, have never
been as well behaved as most of us who have managed to become, or
remain, more or less thoughtful for half a century or more remember
from a youth tainted by selective memory.

All that said, insofar as we can credit her observation, she is
absolutely correct in assigning some of the blame to the internet.
Much of the rest can be laid at the feet of television, movies,
magazines, recorded popular music, politicians, professional athletes,
organized religion and......yes.....even books.

g.
Old September 16th, 2009, 06:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Giles wrote:
On Sep 16, 6:16 am, jeff wrote:
Fred wrote:
On 15-Sep-2009, Giles wrote:
[...]

dowd is a new york times editorial columnist...syndicated...and her
stuff appears on occasions in my local paper. i've gotten to like her
writing... the quote was from a longer piece on the joe wilson "liar"
issue. "new" was being used in a different sense than the age of our
country.

frankly, i was posting it for fred as i doubt he engages in such chat in
his personal conversations with folks he chooses not to like.

i blame most of the current bad behaviors on teevee...in my experience
and belief, most of the public gave up serious reading when they
graduated from school.

hope you've had a good summer. say hi to becky from me and rachel.

jeff

jeff

jeff
Old September 17th, 2009, 12:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 16-Sep-2009, jeff wrote:

, most of the public gave up serious reading when they
graduated from school.

hope you've had a good summer. say hi to becky from me and rachel.

I read quite alot, listen to a LOT of diverse music and stay current w
films - I have been educated quite well - thank you
All the words I used have been in common parlance and on thjis list way
before me and before I joined
The tone of this listy has been already set by some fools inluding this jerk

You are obviously friends w this pig - er goat - but I would not " **** on
him if he were on fire"
His snide and nasty comments to MANY on this list - disgust me
If I met him on a river - I would use him as bait!

Sam Bush
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Fred wrote:

I read quite alot, listen to a LOT of diverse music and stay current w
films - I have been educated quite well - thank you
All the words I used have been in common parlance and on thjis list way
before me and before I joined
The tone of this listy has been already set by some fools inluding this jerk

You are obviously friends w this pig - er goat - but I would not " **** on
him if he were on fire"
His snide and nasty comments to MANY on this list - disgust me
If I met him on a river - I would use him as bait!

Sam Bush

fred or sam... though my note was in response to wolfgang, i'll answer
your statements.

while you may have assumed i was speaking about you directly, i wasn't.
i'll admit the maureen dowd post was an oblique comment about your
silly profanity.

i don't know you. i don't know what you read, what you watch on teevee,
what movies you like, or what your educational level might be. we
haven't met yet. i reckon we share an interest in fishing to the extent
it's discussed here, but i don't know much about your fishing either.

your unimaginative profanity might be the tone you think is appropriate
or customary here...and perhaps it is... the method, tone, and quality
of your delivery is primitive and trite. maybe that was your intent or
ambition.

in my opinion, based solely on what i've read here, your style of
commentary belies your claims of education and sophistication. no
problem, except for your proclamation otherwise. you might be the most
intelligent person here, but to me, so far, your writing doesn't support
the possibility.

until you actually meet someone who posts here, their writing is all you
have. i guess it's fair to use someone's written words in this forum to
decide how you'll deal with that person if you ever actually meet him.
you have to admit, every judgment and thought you've had about wolfgang
is based solely on what you've read, on your perception and
interpretation of the words you've read, and not on any personal contact
or interaction.

while i disagree with wolfgang's methods of making his points, and have
said so, you have to admit he at least keeps it interesting...and at
times it's even quite amusing. i don't remember an instance of him
calling you or anyone else a "****ing creep" "goat****", "human turd" or
an "obnoxious asshole dick" (rw, that one still has me puzzled).

"So goat boy **** you and **** off! plonk" and similar outbursts don't
reveal an educated wit, conversational ability, or even maturity in
dealing with someone you've never met but with whom you disagree. it
really is "teevee" behavior, isn't it? only, not even of that quality.

"imbecile", "idiot" "moron"...those seem to be wolfgang's most
frequently used offensive ad hominems.(he did use "asshole" in a
humorous retort to "hambone") i don't like the use of those words
either, but they are qualitatively different than "****ing creep". he
uses a more literate (though at times verbose) method to poke at soft
spots til they are painful, even the soft spots of his friends.

i am wolfgang's friend within the limits of our geographical distance
and infrequent contact. i hope i am similarly a friend to others i've
been able to meet on roff. as with the others i have met, the seed of
the friendship with wolfgang was planted here...for me, at least. still,
it didn't ripen until after several very pleasant fishing adventures and
time shared. i've enjoyed his wit, wisdom, generosity, and kindness on
more than one occasion. i'm better for the experience and appreciative
for things he's patiently shown and taught me.

we don't and won't always agree. that's not a requirement for
friendship, and would be boring and stale. i admit i dislike the poking
as much as the next person, but sometimes it rightly gets my attention,
exposes something, and makes me think. i like that.

anyway fred/sam, i hope if you do meet wolfgang on a river somewhere,
before you bait your hook, you'll take a deep breath, extend a hand, and
ask about the fishing. i think the response you get might be surprising
and educational. no doubt, the fly he'll suggest will be a pass lake.

jeff

Old September 17th, 2009, 03:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 16, 12:51*pm, jeff wrote:
Giles wrote:
On Sep 16, 6:16 am, jeff wrote:
Fred wrote:
On 15-Sep-2009, Giles wrote:
[...]

Yet another of those strange coincidences that are the joy of my life;
just today I (who never read newspapers.....I'm exposed to vastly more
than enough idiocy without them) I found myself in a Burger King (of
all the unlikely places) and was confronted with a copy of today's
Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, which I picked up (against my better
judgment) and began to peruse. I was delighted to not one, but TWO
excellent pieces by New York Times writers, both at least marginally
related to Ms. Dowd's piece.....but that's another story.

i've gotten to like her writing... *

I'll check her out. Thanks for the head's up.

the quote was from a longer piece on the joe wilson "liar"
issue.

Boring stuff. Doutless a hot button issue.

"new" was being used in a different sense than the age of our
country.

Not surprising.

frankly, i was posting it for fred as i doubt he engages in such chat in
his personal conversations with folks he chooses not to like.

I doubt that freddie engages in anything I'd recognize or label as
conversation with anyone.

i blame most of the current bad behaviors on teevee...in my experience
and belief, most of the public gave up serious reading when they
graduated from school.

Long before they graduated from high school.....for those that ever
committed serious reading.

hope you've had a good summer.

Most interesting and eventful.....which is to say that it would bore
most people to death.

Hm.....

Would that that were literally true.

say hi to becky from me and rachel.