New Toy

Old September 26th, 2009, 03:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

Default New Toy

My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Sweet.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old September 26th, 2009, 05:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

Old September 26th, 2009, 05:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

I do have the silk line, I'm prepping it now. I've also made my own
furled leaders. Finally, after my surgery last year, I think I can do
the gut tippet, though there were a couple of weak spots that I'll
have to work around.
Frank Reid

Old September 26th, 2009, 05:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Frank Reid wrote:
My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

I do have the silk line, I'm prepping it now. I've also made my own
furled leaders. Finally, after my surgery last year, I think I can do
the gut tippet, though there were a couple of weak spots that I'll
have to work around.
Frank Reid

You'll also need a silly hat.

Old September 26th, 2009, 07:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

I do have the silk line, I'm prepping it now. *I've also made my own
furled leaders. *Finally, after my surgery last year, I think I can do
the gut tippet, though there were a couple of weak spots that I'll
have to work around.
Frank Reid

You'll also need a silly hat.

Man, there are too many rules in this sport! So, will this one work?
http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaPor.../hat_sibiu.htm
Frank Reid
(who actually has one)

Old September 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim Lysyk

Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

That is a great link. I have an interest in Ukrainian dance and
costumes. The Bukovinian region of Romania is shared with Ukraine, and
there are a number of similarities among the costumes.

You never what what you will read on ROFF.

Tim Lysyk
Old September 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey

In message
,
Frank Reid writes
[...]

Where will you clip your magnifiers?
--
Bill Grey

Old September 26th, 2009, 09:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Cleveland

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 11:39:23 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid
wrote:

[...]

That'll do, Frank. That'll do.

Geo. C.
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

I was thinking something more like:

http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaPor...at_feather.htm