Need help on a Fishing Trip

Old July 30th, 2010, 01:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default Need help on a Fishing Trip

On Jul 29, 7:15*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Frank Reid © 2010" wrote in ...
Yeah, that's an easy day and a half. *Not knockin' it, just would like
something closer, though will keep it as an option if you don't mind.
Frank

if it turns out to be the best option(given a long, hot, dry summer, it
might not), let me know and I can express mail the key to Rudy. Just make up
your mind by Sat morning, as I'm off to the shore house for a week. How far
from Omaha to Assateague, and have you ever fished for sharks?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

I would love to join you on Assateague, but thats two days of driving
12 hours each day. Think I gotta pass.
Frank
(will let you know on the trailer)
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:48:15 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid © 2010
wrote:

Okay, yesterday, no less than 8 folks including my bride told me to go
fishing. Piece of cake, I'll head up to the Black Hills. Small water
that I can wade, catch some pretty trout. Oopsy, in talking to the
camp ground owners (even at the base in Rapid City), this is the week
before Sturgis and its the 70th anniversary. They're expecting a half
a million folks to start pouring in and if you don't have a camping
spot reserved (and there are no reservations left), fugetabotit.

I would like to leave Tuesday, comeback the following Monday and go
somewhere I can catch decent brown trout whilst wading. No giant
rivers please. Within about 650 miles of Omaha.

Any ideas?

Yes. First, move the **** out of Omaha. The ol' Orifice of Omaha included, why
the hell would you want to be there?

IAC, screw driving and screw 650 miles. Jump a big ol' jet-airliner and head
Key West way (well, actually, either Ft. Lauderdale or WPB way....). Rent a car
and then head Key West way (and cars are _cheap_ in FL right now). Stop at the
first liquor store you see and buy a case of cheap rum and then stop at Winn
Dixie or Publix and buy a bag of limes, a bag of sugar, a coupla-three cases of
seltzer in cans and coupla bundles of mint. Head to the Keys. Stop somewhere
around Sugarloaf and ask around. If you find something, great - if not, you got
cocktail fixins and some time - find a beach and wade away. What's the worst
that could happen - broads in bikinis or something equally evil...?

TC,

Frank Reid

Old July 30th, 2010, 10:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton[_2_]

wrote in message
[...]

he has a point.....g
Tom

Old July 30th, 2010, 01:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Jul 29, 1:48*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
Okay, yesterday, no less than 8 folks including my bride told me to go
fishing. *Piece of cake, I'll head up to the Black Hills. *Small water
that I can wade, catch some pretty trout. *Oopsy, in talking to the
camp ground owners (even at the base in Rapid City), this is the week
before Sturgis and its the 70th anniversary. *They're expecting a half
a million folks to start pouring in and if you don't have a camping
spot reserved (and there are no reservations left), fugetabotit.

I would like to leave Tuesday, comeback the following Monday and go
somewhere I can catch decent brown trout whilst wading. *No giant
rivers please. *Within about 650 miles of Omaha.
Any ideas?
Frank Reid

Okay, thanks all for the offers. Lots of places to go. I'm going to
the driftless area of SW Curdistan to fish with Wolfie and the Gear
Whore Extrordinaire, Wayne Knight. I will, however, combine some of
the ideas here for this trip. I'm going to buy a case of rum and fish
for sharks in those little prairie streams.
Frank Reid
(anyone got some 12/0 shark flies that I can cast with my 3 weight?)
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 05:46:28 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid © 2010
wrote:

[...]

Well, remember what Jimmy Buffett always says:

"Escuse me, ossifer, I'm not as thinked up as you ****ed I am...come on, guys,
back me up here - I'm sodally tober, right?" Well, to be fair, Bubba doesn't
ALWAYS say that...sometimes, he just runs like hell without saying a discernable
word...

And I don't care how much weight the formally-big guy has lost, there isn't
enough rum in Cuba AND Jamaica to get me to want to see him in a bikini...

All that said, however, have fun and remember, it's five o'clock somewhere...

Old July 30th, 2010, 10:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

wrote:
[...]

Well, will put a case of Lucky Bucket in the cooler for the first
night incase I meet any thirsty Curdistanians. After that, I've heard
the state has more microbreweries than miles of spring creek. Should
be fun.
And the idea of Wayne in a thong on a Key West beach is one of the
reasons I decided on Curdistan.
Frank Reid
(Okay, now I REALLY need therapy)
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

On Jul 30, 4:39*pm, wrote:

And I don't care how much weight the formally-big guy has lost, there isn't
enough rum in Cuba AND Jamaica to get me to want to see him in a bikini....

And there's not enough rum in Cuba AND Jamaica to make me want to wear
a bikini but thanks for thinking of me buy you'll have to find someone
else to fulfill your nightmares.

Old July 31st, 2010, 04:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jul 30, 8:58*pm, Wayne Knight wrote:

...you'll have to find someone
else to fulfill your nightmares.

Mahster.....you rang?

giles

Old August 14th, 2010, 04:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Jul 29, 12:48*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
Okay, yesterday, no less than 8 folks including my bride told me to go
fishing. *Piece of cake, I'll head up to the Black Hills. *Small water
that I can wade, catch some pretty trout. *Oopsy, in talking to the
camp ground owners (even at the base in Rapid City), this is the week
before Sturgis and its the 70th anniversary. *They're expecting a half
a million folks to start pouring in and if you don't have a camping
spot reserved (and there are no reservations left), fugetabotit.

I would like to leave Tuesday, comeback the following Monday and go
somewhere I can catch decent brown trout whilst wading. *No giant
rivers please. *Within about 650 miles of Omaha.
Any ideas?
Frank Reid

Hi Frank,

I was just over in North Park, north/west of Cowdrey at Big Creek
Lakes, last weekend. I had forgotten how much good water there was.
The Michigan, Canadian and North Platte and just oodles of others. I
hear they're catching huge trout in the Delaney Buttes lake this year.
There's a funny, well it's not, story. Here it is:
http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...8178&catid=346
from just this week near there. They find this fishing guy who's been
missing partially submerged in the creek and he's alive but
hypothermic. Right up in this area.

Anyway, just a thought.

Your pal,

Tim
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 20:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Halfordian Golfer
wrote:

[...]

Well, **** a duck on a flatbed truck! I thought you had fallen into an
irrigation canal or something! How the hell have you been? Strange as even,
one would hope.

TC,
....and speaking of irrigation canals....oh, Frank...