For those who want sources outside the US media..

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default For those who want sources outside the US media..

http://pkpolitics.com/discuss/topic/...copter-crashes
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On May 2, 5:02*pm, riverman wrote:
http://pkpolitics.com/discuss/topic/...l-abbottabad-m...

And for those who love conspiracies, compare that 'unofficial pic'
with the old photo here http://tinyurl.com/432y9x7

--riverman
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On May 2, 4:15*am, riverman wrote:
On May 2, 5:02*pm, riverman wrote:

http://pkpolitics.com/discuss/topic/...l-abbottabad-m...

And for those who love conspiracies, compare that 'unofficial pic'
with the old photo herehttp://tinyurl.com/432y9x7

--riverman

And for those who prefer sources outside the media......American or
otherwise......

I have never (to the best of my recollection) met the recently
famously deceased. No proctologist, one asshole, alive or dead, looks
pretty much like another to me.

On the other (frequently washed) hand, one asshole looks pretty much
like another to me.

DNA on the other other hand, is malleable.....it will tell you
whatever you want it to.....you just have to ask the right questions
in the right tone. Been there.

What's important here is not what the vast majority of the public
(here or there) thinks......not least because it doesn't.....nor what
they don't.....because nobody told them.....but rather the significant
vaccuum (which, of course, nature famously and fictionally abhors)
left behind.

Here we are, in the still waxing new century, the "Soviet Union" is a
mere bittersweet memory, most people throughout the world (being
righteously unfamiliar with map and compass) couldn't tell you the
difference between East Germany and West Palm Beach. Fidel
(apparently giving lie to his name) has given up and passed the baton
to his improbablly named.....and eminently forgetable......brother. A
prominently ignorable somethingorother bin whosit is allegedly dead
somewhere or other. Colonel daffy (why is it that the supreme
dictator of a relatively sizeable country with significant petroleum
reserves never quite got elected to generalness?) is evidently on the
ropes. The North Koreans provoke nothing much but ill-concealed
snickers among the fashion conscious of the world. Nelson Mandela is
still dead......or not (never could tell the difference between him
and Mickey Rooney).

So?

Hm.....

Need a new boogieman.

Soon.

Very soon.

giles
who would nominate JPII were it not that he (she/it?) has recently be
beautified.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On May 3, 6:59*am, Giles wrote:

Need a new boogieman.

Soon.

You bring up a valid point. We are a nation who thrives on having a
boogieman. Possibly Kim Jong Il (or his son) will rise to the
limelight soon, but it does seem that one component of our 'national
boogieman' is that he must be from a region not recently used.
Hmm....Scandinavia has escaped our focus since Quisling....maybe we'll
be declaring war on Finland soon.

--riverman
(waiting for the end of the world)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 2, 4:59*pm, Giles wrote:

Need a new boogieman.

Soon.

Very soon.

And you would dearly love to be it -- if only you weren't an
ineffectual Usenet troll.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On May 2, 7:06*pm, riverman wrote:
On May 3, 6:59*am, Giles wrote:

Need a new boogieman.

Soon.

You bring up a valid point. We are a nation who thrives on having a
boogieman. Possibly Kim Jong Il (or his son) will rise to the
limelight soon,

I wouldn't count on it. All that most Americans know about North
Korea is that it lies somewhere between Florida and
Montana.....assuming that they have some vague notion of where either
of those are. Given the inbred nature of the Koreans (half a dozen or
so family names comprise the vast bulk of the population), southern
Mississippi would likely be the best guess. All that saves the ruling
elite there from complete obscurity is their sartorial
splendor.....once again pointing to the central gulf coast.

but it does seem that one component of our 'national
boogieman' is that he must be from a region not recently used.
Hmm....Scandinavia has escaped our focus since Quisling....maybe we'll
be declaring war on Finland soon.

Given the decisive victories enjoyed by Murrican diplomacy in recent
decades, Finland looks like a pretty good choice. After all, the
Finns having been trying (with little success......perhaps only the
Icelanders have done worse) to obliterate themselves for a couple of
centuries. We could kill there for decades before anyone noticed.

Ethanol works magic on unpleasant memories.

--riverman
(waiting for the end of the world)

You haven't been paying close attention. The end of the world is a
work in progress......been going on for about a century and a
half.....roughly.

giles

Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On May 2, 7:16*pm, " wrote:
On May 2, 4:59*pm, Giles wrote:

Need a new boogieman.

Soon.

Very soon.

And you would dearly love to be it -- if only you weren't an
ineffectual Usenet troll.

You are SUCH a sorry piece of ****.

That's not as bad as it may sound. It's the only thing that saves you
from being completely invisible.

g.
the boy WILL NOT learn.