To my friends in North Cacleackey

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Default To my friends in North Cacleackey

In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, I've noticed that more and more people who
send text messages and emails have long forgotten the art of capitalization.

For those of you who fall into this category, please take note of the
following statement. "Capitalization is the difference between helping your
Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Is everybody clear on that?

I know it's hard (no plun intended), but capitalize. On second thought
-- don't. We love you as you are.

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"D. LaCourse" wrote in message
In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, I've noticed that more and more people
who
send text messages and emails have long forgotten the art of
capitalization.

For those of you who fall into this category, please take note of the
following statement. "Capitalization is the difference between helping
your
Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Is everybody clear on that?

Why sure; I've always been quick to help my Uncles.

YFitONS
Wayno

Old May 14th, 2011, 10:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey[_2_]

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message

"D. LaCourse" wrote in message
In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, I've noticed that more and more people
who
send text messages and emails have long forgotten the art of
capitalization.

For those of you who fall into this category, please take note of the
following statement. "Capitalization is the difference between helping
your
Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Is everybody clear on that?

Why sure; I've always been quick to help my Uncles.

YFitONS
Wayno
Hi Wayno - at last you've found the shift key.

Your future postings will have lost the character I enjoyed.

For me the lower the case, the higher the intellect :-)

Bill

Old May 15th, 2011, 02:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

"D. LaCourse" wrote in message
In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, I've noticed that more and more people
who
send text messages and emails have long forgotten the art of
capitalization.

For those of you who fall into this category, please take note of the
following statement. "Capitalization is the difference between helping
your
Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Is everybody clear on that?

* *Why sure; I've always been quick to help my Uncles.

YFitONS
Wayno
Hi Wayno - at last you've found the shift key.

Your future postings will have lost the character I enjoyed.

For me the lower the case, the higher the intellect :-)
Bill-

As a former typesetter (in the days when type was actually set by
typesetters) and a lifelong continuing reader, I can attest that
discerning bibliophiles could care less whether anyone helps his uncle
jack off horses.....vocationally or avocationally*. What matters is
whether the story is worth telling.....and how it is told. And the
latter has little to do with whether or not one's reach exceeds one
grasp at the type case.

Stories emanting from carolina are like presidents emerging from
virginia......ubiquitous, but never tedious. I'll tell the boys from
cackalacky how to write when i've finished teaching the likes of
washington and jefferson the rudiments of government.

giles
*helping nephews to an early grave is another matter entirely.
Old May 16th, 2011, 08:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Hammer Hammer

whats the diff if ya read n understand ?????????

Old May 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Hammer Hammer

sounds like someone has a fetish for animals NASTY

Old May 17th, 2011, 02:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On May 16, 1:44*pm, "JT" wrote:

My grandfather (96 years young) still goes in once every week or two to set
type for the printing company that he has worked with for over 60 years. I
think it keep him going.

It's good to know that someone stills sets type by hand. When I first
read it I was a bit surprised. But it makes sense.....hell, people
still hammer hot iron by hand.

Hopefully I have acquired some of those genes...

JT

The trick is in identifying (and possessing and activating) the right
genes. I suspect that in the case of longevity the "stay busy" gene
is of paramount importance.

g.
on the other hand, if one stays busy at skateboarding in rush hour
traffic.....on I-94 in Chicago.....

Old May 17th, 2011, 02:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On May 16, 2:53*am, (Hammer Hammer) wrote:
whats the diff if ya read n understand ?????????

or if you don't.....as appears to be the case.

g.