Penns Clave weather

Old May 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default Penns Clave weather

Today(Monday) thru Saturday May 20:

Showers, mixed in with heavier thunderstorms. Creek is running at or
over 1000 CFS presently. Yeesh!

Then, yesterday, I am gawking at photos of absolutely huge black drum
and stripers being caught on Assateague. With blues arriving and
flounder in the bays. Dammit, maybe you all should just keep heading
south on Friday, Saturday or whenever, and we'll move the clave to the
Eastern Shore of Virginia!

Tom
p.s. I'll try to stay positive about next week's fishing, I really will.
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-05-16 18:05:28 -0400, Tom Littleton said:

Today(Monday) thru Saturday May 20:

Showers, mixed in with heavier thunderstorms. Creek is running at or
over 1000 CFS presently. Yeesh!

Then, yesterday, I am gawking at photos of absolutely huge black drum
and stripers being caught on Assateague. With blues arriving and
flounder in the bays. Dammit, maybe you all should just keep heading
south on Friday, Saturday or whenever, and we'll move the clave to the
Eastern Shore of Virginia!

Tom
p.s. I'll try to stay positive about next week's fishing, I really will.

Y'all come on up to the Rapid. Henricksons will be hatching, then
hatch after hatch after hatch of caddis, then March Browns and more
caddis and bwos, etc. Rain? Doesn't matter. Cools things off a bit,
but that's good.

Leaving soon to burn lots of wood in the stove in camp. Can't wait to
try out my new G3s. They will be dedicated to the Rapid only, along
with new Chotas. My old stuff will be used for other streams/trips.
(Yes, Richard, the old G3s are still performing like new.) d;o)