Penns Clave weather

Old May 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default Penns Clave weather

On 5/16/2011 11:45 PM, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Who's putting the 8 and 9 weight in the car. Do I need the 10?

For the Point at Assateague, you'll need about an 11 foot surf rod that
will toss 6 to 8 ounces of lead. Did I mention that some dude landed a
47 pound striper last week there? Of course, by next week, the stripers
and drum will be largely gone, but seatrout and bluefish are due in
soon.......

Tom

Old May 18th, 2011, 03:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On May 17, 4:39*pm, Tom Littleton wrote:
On 5/16/2011 11:45 PM, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Who's putting the 8 and 9 weight in the car. *Do I need the 10?

For the Point at Assateague, you'll need about an 11 foot surf rod that
will toss 6 to 8 ounces of lead. Did I mention that some dude landed a
47 pound striper last week there? Of course, by next week, the stripers
and drum will be largely gone, but seatrout and bluefish are due in
soon.......

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom

Just looked at Bruce's report on http://www.pennscreekangler.com/2010...m%20report.htm

The storm missed Penns. Water's at 720 CFS and seems to be dropping.
Woo Woo! We have ourselves a clave!
Frank Reid
Old May 18th, 2011, 06:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Just looked at Bruce's report onhttp://www.pennscreekangler.com/2010%20stream%20report.htm

The storm missed Penns. *Water's at 720 CFS and seems to be dropping.
Woo Woo! *We have ourselves a clave!
Frank Reid

We may have been overly optimistic.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=ctp&gage=pncp1&view=1,1,1,1,1,1 ,1,1"
Frank Reid
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

On 5/18/2011 1:04 PM, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

We may have been overly optimistic.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=ctp&gage=pncp1&view=1,1,1,1,1,1 ,1,1"
Frank Reid

never found that lofty level from here, Frank......It has rained 3
inches yesterday, another 2 plus today, on top of the levels that raised
Bruce's 750 cfs to around 1000. I would guess that Penn's might be
running at levels around 1500 cfs now, with more rain coming over the
next day or even two. Pack some beach clothing, my friend. I'm at least
partly serious. Give me a call.......
Tom

Old May 19th, 2011, 12:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On May 18, 2:17*pm, Tom Littleton wrote:
, with more rain coming over the
next day or even two. Pack some beach clothing,...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

I stopped by ROFF for the first time in several months to mention that
I'm heading out for my annual jaunt next Monday. Leaving was
scheduled for today, but reports from EVERYWHERE in the west are
"flooded and getting higher." So it's not just the Penns area that
is a bit damp. Stillwaters are going to keep me occupied for a few
weeks.

Actually this may end up being a banner year in Montahoming ... the
fourth wet one in a row. Fish size and hatches have both been on the
upswing ( amazing how water helps aquatic creatures thrive ). Some
experienced people I know are talking that this may be the best season
since the mid 80s ... time will tell

Ya'll have a good season. I'll be in the usual places, wave if you
see me. ( if I see a one finger wave, I'll assume it's roffian
camaraderie and return a similar salute )

Larry ( who asked a friend in Ashton about the lower HFork and was
told, quote, "surfs up, dude" .... beach clothing, indeed.
Old May 19th, 2011, 03:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On May 18, 4:17*pm, Tom Littleton wrote:
On 5/18/2011 1:04 PM, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

We may have been overly optimistic.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=ctp&gage=pncp1&view..."
Frank Reid

never found that lofty level from here, Frank......It has rained 3
inches yesterday, another 2 plus today, on top of the levels that raised
Bruce's 750 cfs to around 1000. I would guess that Penn's might be
running at levels around 1500 cfs now, with more rain coming over the
next day or even two. Pack some beach clothing, my friend. I'm at least
partly serious. Give me a call.......
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

Glad I didn't buy my PA fishing license. I'll fish.... where?
Frank Reid
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
Tom wrote:
Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
We may have been overly optimistic.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=ctp&gage=pncp1&view..."

never found that lofty level from here, Frank......It has rained 3
inches yesterday, another 2 plus today, on top of the levels that raised
Bruce's 750 cfs to around 1000. I would guess that Penn's might be
running at levels around 1500 cfs now, with more rain coming over the
next day or even two. Pack some beach clothing, my friend. I'm at least
partly serious. Give me a call.......

Glad I didn't buy my PA fishing license. I'll fish.... where?

The streams around Grayling, Michigan are fishing well right now.

http://www.gateslodge.com/fishingreport.php

I'll be camping on the upper Manistee next week.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

The Penns Clave is a great tradition -- maybe the last meaningful one
is this ruin called ROFF. I've never been to one, being allergic to
the East Coast, having grown up there, but I always look forward to
the enthusiasm surrounding it.

But, forgive me if I'm wrong, hasn't it been blown out about 50% of
the time? Maybe you guys should consider a different time of year --
unless you enjoy the pain. :-)

Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On May 21, 6:03*pm, " wrote:

The Penns Clave is a great tradition --

Indeed.

maybe the last meaningful one
is this ruin called ROFF.

Not so! There's still penis hunting.....for those who are in to that
sort of thing.

I've never been to one,

Would you like to enquire of the assembled masses how much you were
missed?

being allergic to
the East Coast, having grown up there,

Thus almost tempting incautious mewbies to wonder how you define
"coast."

but I always look forward to
the enthusiasm surrounding it.

Rah! Rah!, wot, Stephon?

But, forgive me if I'm wrong,

Well, if forgiveness were commercially transactable you would long ago
have begun to get overdraft nastygrams from your bank.....but.....

hasn't it been blown out about 50% of
the time?

It has fished well every time I've been there.....you?

Maybe you guys should consider a different time of year --
unless you enjoy the pain. :-)

Hm.....

O.k., I think I see the problem here. When one pursues fish on a
regular basis one quickly discovers and becomes inured to the fact
that the fish are not necessarily in accord with the goals and
aspirations of the persuers'. We learn, after all, that the pursuit,
not the attainment, is the point of the exercise. I mean, we ain't
talking penis hunting here.

Hope this helps.....really.

g.
has anybody ever wondered WHY the boy just WILL NOT learn? well, all
ya gotta do is ask.